INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate (INDI?) no longer can find my CCD, autoguider, or filter wheel.

• Thank you received: 2
Hello. Me again.
I have a CEM120EC. Attached to that I have a Starlight Xpress Standard filter wheel. Attached to that is a Lodestar Pro through an OAG. Behind that is a Starlight Xpress SX-46. INDI used to connect to all devices and I was able to use the filter wheel, take short test dark exposures, and connect to the autoguider.
For some reason, now, it fails to connect to any of the above.
In the profile set-up (which I am unable to save a new profile for some reason but can edit the existing one) I have listed just the mount and camera.Then I tried listing he mount, camera and filter wheel seperately. Finally I tried listing all devices seperately. None of these ways were sucessful.
Am I doing something wrong? Thought I followed the instructions in the video. Any help is, as always, appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I've attached logs in case they help.
1 year 6 months ago #86156

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For the mount at least, is there a reason you selected baud 19200? It should be 115200 or higher to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean Miskovich
1 year 6 months ago #86159

It seemed that just after I set the baud rate to 115200, the camera wouldn't connect. I figured it was possible that the baud rate was too high for the camera so I tried different baud rates to see if I could get the cameras and filter wheel to re-connect. They did not.
By the way, the SX-46 has a hub internal so that one can connect the filter wheel and auto-guider through the camera. When they did connect I used this hub and everything detected just fine. Once it stopped connecting to the camera, I tried connecting everything individually. Still, nothing connected.
Hope this helps you diagnose this. Thank again for the help.
I read about the Image trains. Is there an update I need? Would that solve the problem?
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Dean Miskovich.
1 year 6 months ago #86172

I found the problem. It was the powered hub. I read in the knowledge base that powered hubs were causing problems. This was indeed the case. Once I removed the powered hub everything connected just fine.
The bad hub is manufactured by ONN - a cheap Walmart model.

Again thanks for all the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 6 months ago #86184

• Thank you received: 25
I don't know if this is related, by I'm having issues with some of my devices connected in a hub.

I work around these problems, unplugging and plugging again the USB cable of each device.
In previous versions of StellarMate OS there are not such issues.
1 year 6 months ago #86194

Fortunately for me, my SX-46 has a built in hub that allows me to operate my camera, auto-guider, and filter with just 1 USB cable. The only other cable I need is for the mount. My cables are short (<1 meter) so a powered USB hub is not really necessary. I just thought it would be a good Idea to have it.
All is well now and everything is working wonderfully.
BTW, nice car in the profile pic!
1 year 6 months ago #86238

Time to create page: 1.591 seconds