INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate solving with canon 77d dslr

• Thank you received: 0
When I take a photo using the camera module using native the photo comes out fine. When I try plate solving with the same settings it is encoded fits and comes out with a black frame and cant plate solve not enough stars. When I use my ZWO120mm mini the solve works. If when capturing during plate solve i change the encoding from fits to native there are stars in the image but still the same error message. Please help, I am at maximum frustration presently.
Thanks
Jerry
1 year 6 months ago #86366

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
Hm, lot's of possibilities for this. I use a Nikon Z7 dslr and currently don't have problems. Things you've probably already checked:

1) The black frame is weird. Sounds like there's a mismatch between what the camera is set to capture and Kstars. Perhaps KStars is set to record an image that is larger than what the camera captures in its current mode?
2) If you do a straight capture using the camera using fits rather than native, does it return an expected image with stars and the correct dimensions?
3) I have never tried using the camera's native format for storage/transfer. Seems that there is definitely something different going on as you have experienced. I would tend to trust the fits format as being the "normal" way.
3) High enough ISO and long enough exposure to get stars using the dslr? I had an issue for a while when focusing where as the solver approached perfect focus it couldn't find any stars and would give up.

Cheers
Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Bixman
1 year 6 months ago #86374

Thanks Jerry, I have now downloaded and reinstalled Astroberry Server on my RPI4. Things are looking better in daylight, skies permitting I will try plate solving with dslr tonight and will report back.
Again thanks for your reply I will take your suggestions to the sky tonight hopefully.
Jerry
1 year 6 months ago #86375

I was able to image tonight after re flashing and reinstalling the astroberry server. After an hour or so of configuration the problems I was experiencing were gone and I was able to plate solve with the dslr. Thank you for your suggestions Jerry, I will keep them in mind for any new issues. The astroberry session was a pleasure, no frustration except for my guiding which has nothing to do with the astroberry or Kstars.
Jerry
1 year 6 months ago #86381

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds