INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dome and mount greyed out in Scheduler?

• Thank you received: 9
I am using nightly build and the dome/mount option is greyed out in scheduler tab. As a result, the scheduler does not run.
I am using Aldi roof and can control the roof/mount normaly in ekos. Am I doing something wrong?
It worked fine before (3.6.0 stable) I went nightly build.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Nguyễn Trọng Minh.
1 year 6 months ago #86443
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When was the nightly? I think I fixed this yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
1 year 6 months ago #86444

Oh okay. Let me update and try again. Thanks
1 year 6 months ago #86451

Okay. So I updated the nightly to latest. And the mount is fixed immediately.
But the dome is still greyed out. I noticed that the dome status is Unknown (though it closed/parked, indi report this correctly before I go nightly). I disconnect the aldiroof driver and connect it again and the dome option is no longer greyed out and the dome status shown as parked closed as it should be.
1 year 6 months ago #86452

• Thank you received: 165
I have similar problem with current git version that Ekos doesn't seem to reliably register devices that are already connected in the INDI server when Ekos connects to the server. This causes boxes in scheduler to be grayed out, but also causes other issues like crash in align where the code tries to access mount device via a null pointer. Disconnecting and reconnecting devices after connecting with Ekos partially works around the issue, but for some reason capture tab doesn't seem to notice the filter wheel and doesn't show filters which prevents me from actually capturing anything as my sequences have filters set and capture just shows -- and doesn't proceed. Filters are correctly shown in align and focus tabs though. I have quite full set of devices from Ekos point of view (mount/cooled camera/focuser/filter wheel/dome/dustcap/lightbox) and they seem to be a bit randomly registered or not, usually not. Might be a timing issue due to all devices getting "connected" at once when Ekos connects to the already running INDI server?
1 year 6 months ago #86505

is this with latest GIT? I cannot reproduce the issue, all devices show up fine and Ekos scheduler checkboxes are OK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
1 year 6 months ago #86509

I use the latest nightly build. The dome still greyed out the first time I connect everything. But disconnect and reconnect it again individually solves the problem.
1 year 6 months ago #86511

• Thank you received: 165
Just cleaned and recompiled everything from current GIT, couldn't reproduce the alignment crash anymore, but "Warm CCD" remains grayed out even though the camera has cooling and capture tab correctly shows the temperature control. What also happens is that most tabs are totally grayed out until I switch optical train to another one and back.

Also noticed that Ekos -> PHD2 connection has some recent issue that it tries to send DEC guide mode setting to PHD2 before it has connected, doesn't receive response obviously, and starts deferring all further requests so that connection doesn't progress at all. It stays waiting for equipment connection to complete, but PHD2 hasn't received the request in the first place. Commenting out sending the DEC guide mode setting works around this issue and Ekos connects to PHD2 normally.

I'm not sure when these issues have appeared as I have had my equipment offline for maintenance for the summer and only recently started preparing for the season.
1 year 6 months ago #86526

So the issues is as following:
1. When I first connect all devices, the dome status says "Unknown" in INDI and I can control everything in ekos dome tab. This is a bug with the aldi roof ror. The roof does not check the status of the dome on connection and show it as unknown regardless of the status of the dome. The dome check box in scheduler box is greyed out.
2. When I press "close" in INDI, the dome report the status as Closed. The dome check box in scheduler is still greyed out.
3. If I then disconnect the dome and connect it again, the status shown as "parked closed" and the scheduler check box now works normaly. But the dome control in Dome tab in ekos is greyed out this time. I have to control the open/close of the dome via INDI device tabs.
Conclusion: it seems the dome check box of scheduler tab is greyed out on connection on every dome status except for "parked closed"
I have the work around of disconnecting the dome and then connect it again. But a fix would be nice.
1 year 5 months ago #87254

anyone working on this?
1 year 4 months ago #87572

Time to create page: 1.008 seconds