INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi driver for "SPOX" spectroscopic automation

• Thank you received: 9
Hi all,

I've just received to beta test a SPOX module :
github.com/uranos498/Spox

This module allow to command from a computer Flat/calib/dark module for Shelyak spectroscops. It is base on arduino (see github page).
My aim is to build an indi driver but I'm very very new to this (driver write), but I know well SPOX module, components and arduino code inside. (we can change it)

If someone is interested in helping me...
There's 2 repositories (due to difficulties to use gitlab on windows) :
github.com/uranos498/SPOX
and
gitlab.com/ashashiwa/spox

I can help you to mount a "SPOX like Box" (2 LEDs, 2 switches, an arduino...) and there is a multiplatform GUI to command it :
gitlab.com/ashashiwa/spox/tree/master/Ar...ted/pySpox/pyspox_ui (only tested on linux but... may be works under windows.... don't know... it's python/Qt... has to work ;) )

Thanks ;)

JB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 10 months ago #8050

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi JB,

I have an INDI driver for the Shelyak eShel spectrograph that you could use as a guide.
It doesn't use Arduino, but it has it's own serial interface so it is probably very similar ... let me know.

I am also working on a spectrograph base class for INDI and would appreciate input from you.

Simon
7 years 10 months ago #8060

I mp you my mail
7 years 10 months ago #8067

HI... I think mp doesn't work... so you can contact me at "ashashiwa" in mail from google.
7 years 10 months ago #8139

• Thank you received: 5
Hey, I know this is old, but there is interest in automating a 3D printed and an Introspec (Harvard) clone. I'm assuming this is mostly for Cal and Flat but would like to add some other functions as well.

I think I found Sh87's driver on Github last night, so can use it. First real question, is there an IndiLib client for this?

Thank you.

Greg
3 years 4 months ago #63007

I'm not familiar with Ekos, but maybe you could use that.

Simon
3 years 4 months ago #63028

Simon, Thank you. I just wondered how this driver is used? I haven't but will load up a copy and see what I can get to .

Greg
3 years 4 months ago #63047

Here is a list of clients that support INDI
www.indilib.org/about/clients.html
or you can study the INDI protocol and make your own
www.clearskyinstitute.com/INDI/INDI.pdf
3 years 4 months ago #63077

Simon,

Thank you again. Yes, I had looked at the list for a Spectroscopy specific client and/or a small widget like one Shelyak has for the SPOX in Windows/ASCOM.

In our case we need something more sophisticated that can change the grating angle, temp control and a few other things so just looking at what was there.

Greg
3 years 4 months ago #63082

Technically you can expose all of these within the drivers as "properties" and any INDI client will make a GUI for them. But if it is highly specialized then yes you need to create your own client.
3 years 4 months ago #63083

Understood (I've been playing with INDI for a number of years for personal projects. Mostly taking drivers apart to match command sets for Arduino controllers (ie filter wheels).

The current plan is to setup and INDI driver and a web page for control (so no driver is needed for "manual control). Then to write a scheduler or to mod EKOS for spectroscopy. The issue with EKOS is that the sequence needed is more complex than for imaging so takes a lo of typing and scripting-- move to a target, check alignment or ADC, check temp, setup Instrument (grating, filters etc), image cal lamps, image target, image cal lamp, image target (?X), move to ref and repeat the previous, then move to the next target and repeat. This while maintaining guiding and plate solve capabilities and a tie into SExtractor.

I could probably force EKOS to do the job, but a new client could also process the data as it comes in and could be much easier to set up observing sessions.

Don't hold you breath BTW... kind of slow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 4 months ago #63090

Understood, in KStars 3.5.1 (after KStars now is released), I will work on add more complex job related scripts to make this easier. Pre and Post job scripts, and pre + post capture scripts.
3 years 4 months ago #63091

Time to create page: 2.636 seconds