INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What are StarBlocks?

• Thank you received: 31
I am trying out different configurations to try to learn more about my Toupcam driver timeouts/crashes. With only the Telescope Simulator and the Touptek camera running i ran captures on infinite repeat. I came home from work to see a Ubuntu desktop message about the file system being out of space (not surprising!). The scheduler had aborted, but there were none of the usual messages about the camera driver crashing or timing out.

The last line in the log is "0 StarBlocks freed from StarBlockFactory". Surprisingly, a forum search turns up only a few posts in which that line is also included in the log - but the line itself is not discussed.

So - what is a StarBlock? Is that error related to filling the file system, or does it indicate a driver crash?
1 year 4 months ago #87693

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic What are StarBlocks?

This has nothing to do with the driver. It's how KStars manage star block in memory for large catalogs. What was filling up space? logs?
1 year 4 months ago #87722

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Ron DeBry on topic What are StarBlocks?

Cool - thanks. The file system was filled with images (as Lights, though the lens cap is on). I was indoors, continuously collecting images to see if the toupcam driver would crash or not. (I *may* have sorted out my problem with toupcam timeouts, but I will post that in my other thread once I am more confident)
1 year 4 months ago #87723

Time to create page: 1.051 seconds