INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus UPB v1 yellow power sensor warning every second or so

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all, I'm getting the following yellow warning in INDI control panel...

"2022-11-03T22:27:47: [WARNING] Received wrong number (4) of power sensor data (3.24:3.08:37.11:3431536). Retrying...

It happens every second, I assume every time it polls, so there's obviuosly quite a lot of warnings coming up at the bottom of INDI control panel

Anyone know what this is please ? I had a similar issue a while back when spport for the UPB v2 was added so I have tried switching between nightly builds and normal release with no success.

The UPB works fine and as expected. I haven't noticed any issues at all... it's just a little annoying. If it's an issue that's doing some damage in the background it'd be good to know obviously.

Kstars 3.6.1 stable running on Kubuntu 22.04 - Pegasus UPB v1 firmware 1.6 attached to Stellarmate OS 1.7.2 on RPi 4

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. If logs etc will help diagnose I'll happily attach them but I may need some assistance finding them... I'm more of an end user than a programmer/coder and only know my way around the surface of Linux/RPi's etc.

Jack
1 year 4 months ago #87788

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Really... so you can 100% confirm this is indeed UPB v1? it appears they added the firmeware uptime to the v1 version as a later update? because it wasn't there before. At any rate, I pushed a fix for this in GIT.
1 year 4 months ago #87826

Hi Jasem,
Yep it is indeed a UPB v1. Old style case and no USB3. I had one that had a fault so I took it back to the retailer I got it from and they swapped it for another one that had been back to Pegasus for repair.
I'm assured that the one I have now is fully functional and tested by Pegasus and as I said it works fine. I managed a full imaging run last night with no issues, it just has the mildly annoying warning. They may well have flashed it to the newer firmware while they had it.

"At any rate, I pushed a fix for this in GIT" .... should I switch back to the nightly build to test or do I need to do something on GitHub ? As I said I'm only an end user so not 100% sure what to do next. I tinker and can follow instructions etc but the inner workings of Linux/INDI are still new to me.
1 year 4 months ago #87836

Yes it should be in INDI nightly release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jack sharp
1 year 4 months ago #87856

I switched to the nightly build on my PC but it didn't make a difference so I tried switching to beta release on the stellarmate dashboard and it removed Kstars from stellarmate OS completely. Can't connect to INDI at all. Seems to have been removed too.
Switching back to stable made no difference.
I'm gonna switch to an sdcard with ubuntu and INDI/kstars etc on it and try that in the pi as I know I can use nightly builds on that one.
1 year 4 months ago #87878

Nightly build with the ubuntu sdcard has sorted the problem. No annoying warning every second. Thanks Jasem. :-)
1 year 4 months ago #87886

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds