INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem installing Ekos

• Thank you received: 3
Hi All,
I am trying to install the INDI program to drive my astro gear and have been unable to install the Ekos pgm under the VM.
I am running Win7 64-bit on a laptop. I have enabled hardware virtualisation and installed Oracle Virtual Machine. When I try to add appliance, the program starts to install but fails near the end with the message " Failed to import appliance C:\..."
Error message is as follows;
Failed to import appliance C:\Users\Grant\Downloads\ekos.ova.

Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\Grant\VirtualBox VMs\Ekos\Ekos-disk1.vmdk'.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C:\Users\Grant\Ekos-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong? I have tried downloading the file again but I get the same problem.

Cheers Grant
7 years 11 months ago #8264

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looks like the VM got corrupted on upload, will upload again in a couple of hours. Will let you know when to download again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grant Boxer
7 years 11 months ago #8267

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Grant Boxer on topic Problem installing Ekos

I have re-downloaded the file and it works OK now.
Kstars was running ok but I think I have changed a setting that now hangs the program when it is starting up. It hangs on the start-up screen with the message "Queueing update of list of supernovae from the internet".
Any suggestions how I might fix this?
Thanks Grant
7 years 11 months ago #8294

Hmmm I don't get this, even if the network is off. If your VM is offline, try to connect it to the internet and try again just in case.
7 years 10 months ago #8335

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds