INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

(solved)astroberry, latest updates and pmc8 mount driver

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

I’ve updated my astroberry to the latest release (as of the 18/11/22 not got the versions to hand) and now I’m unable to get my iexos-100 mount to connect. In fact when I try and start my ekos profile kstars just crashes. On next attempt it seems the indi server is running and I can connect to it but the mount doesn’t appear in the indi screens. If I try restarting it kstars crashes again.

Anyone else having problems with the latest software versions (kstars is still at 3.6.0 because astroberry is still 32 bit so thatshould be a stable build so it looks to be something else..)? A bit of a long shot just don’t want to spend hours poking around if it’s not actually just my specific setup.

Thanks

Nigel
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Nigel Dunmore.
1 year 5 months ago #88273

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

btw I’m on about changes in the last couple of weeks. It was working very recently.
1 year 5 months ago #88274

Ok turns out to be sort of user error doh..

While setting up my focuser I had got the feeling that there was some sort of usb port clash and while trying to prevent that I had somehow ended up with it thinking it had no port. This for some reason causes the driver to crash taking kstars with it. It also means it doesn’t display the indi control panel making it hard to see what might be the problem.

Hacking the config xml enabled the debug logging and I eventually got a log file with the clue as to my having null as the port. Removing the entry in the profile and then adding it back resolved the problem and everything is now starting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut
1 year 4 months ago #88317

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds