INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Server for Windows

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
This is excellent, as it comes just at the moment that I want to be able to control an SBIG ST-i from a Windows script. I have downloaded wINDI, and it comes up, but the only CCD cameras available are an ASCOM driver for Nebulosity, and two CCD simulators. I have the SBIG drivers installed, but they do not appear in the options. How do I get wINDI to recognize an SBIG camera??

Second, once I get that part working, is there a simple way to take an image? I am familiar with the Indi library on linux, and have worked through the examples using get_prop and set_prop to take an image (at least with the simulator), but how do I do that in Windows? Can I invoke get_prop and set_prop in the same way (say from a vbasic script or an autoit script), or what must I do?

I can't seem to find any documentation.

Richard
7 years 9 months ago #8680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Richard,

wINDI simply shows all ASCOM drivers. If you don't see SBIG, you either don't have ASCOM driver installed or you don't have driver for correct architecture (32 vs. 64 bit or something like this). Do you see SBIG in ASCOM from another applications? What OS do you have (32 or 64 bit) and what wINDI you installed? I'm not quite sure, but I think, that Nebulosity is 32 bit executable.

There is probably no simple way how to take image. wINDI is INDI server only, its purpose is to allow remote control of machine running Windows and ASCOM from machine running Unix and INDI. If you want to script ASCOM driver directly on Windows, it is probably much easier with ASCOM itself and e.g. with javascript.

Regards, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francisco Javier
7 years 9 months ago #8682

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply. As far as I can tell, there are no ASCOM drivers for SBIG cameras. If you know of a source, that would be excellent. I do know how to script ascom components from Autoit and VBscript, so that would work for me.

To answer your other questions, I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Richard
7 years 9 months ago #8683

Hi Richard, it seems that you are right and that's the reason, why it doesn't work. Unfortunately wINDI is ASCOM-to-INDI bridge, without ASCOM driver, you can't use it with any hardware. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #8684

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by Patrick on topic INDI Server for Windows

Hello,

Do it exists simulators for windows. I wanted to test Indi from a windows machine with skychart and didn't found the simulators to do it ?

Thanks
7 years 9 months ago #8703

Hi, if you mean simulators for ASCOM to use with INDI Server for Windows, the answer is yes, for all kinds of devices. But if you mean to test it with Sky Chart (= Cartes du Ciel) as far as I know, it is not included in Windows version. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #8706

• Thank you received: 92

Peter,

Thanks for providing this bridge between ASCOM en INDI.

I suggest the following improvement:
The equinox specification from the ASCOM simulator (ASCOM.telescope for NET) is not utilized and ignored. The INDI server is always sending EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD coordinates ignoring the equinox setting in the ASCOM simulator. (local =(EOD), J2000 or J2050). Ascom will transmit the equinox as as " .EquatorialSystem " In case of a J2000 setting, I think you should switch from EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD to EQUATORIAL_COORD (=J2000). For J2050 there is no solution unless you convert the coordinate system or the INDI standard is extended with a new property.

Han
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by han.
7 years 9 months ago #8787

Thank you Han, I'll check it. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #8796

Fixed in upcoming version 2.2. For equLocalTopometric EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD is used, otherwise EQUATORIAL_COORD is used. Peter
7 years 6 months ago #9918

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic INDI Server for Windows

How would I connect an ASCOM CCD from this server to KStars? Does there still need to be an INDI driver for it?

--Jon
7 years 6 months ago #9992

Hi Jon, run INDI Server for Windows on Windows machine (physical or virtualised) with ASCOM driver for your CCD and connect to the server from KStars on Linux machine. You don't need INDI driver, just ASCOM driver for the device. Peter
7 years 6 months ago #9994

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic INDI Server for Windows

Thanks....I was just testing to see if by some chance I could get an old Orion Starshoot DSCI II to work with KStars via ASCOM but no joy. In KStars, I had to choose a CCD so I just picked the simulator for the profile and it connects to INDI Server for Windows and shows the starshoot ASCOM camera but it won't connect to it giving the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8045B417-0588-4B74-8D60-A8D1C4CA90CE} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I figured it was a long shot but worth a try....Great job on this by the way. It's great to have ASCOM capabilities with INDI.

--Jon
7 years 6 months ago #9995

Time to create page: 0.945 seconds