INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dynamic brightness setting in the Pegasus Flatmaster?

• Thank you received: 18
The INDI driver for the Pegasus Flatmaster allows only for manual adjustment of the brightness setting. The Flip Flat driver on the other hand allows a dynamic setting of brightness dependent on the filter chosen. That way you can keep exposure times for flat frames constant as you’re cycling through the filters. Is this functionality planned for the FM as well?
1 year 3 months ago #89514

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you for your report. The driver was indeed missing one function which is now added to make this work. Please test and let us know if it works.
1 year 3 months ago #89521

Hi Jasem, thanks for your quick action on this.
I see the updated driver on the Github site, but any instructions how to compile and install just this driver?
I've tried nightly builds before, but could not get that to work well and since this is my production computer don't like to mess with it too much.
1 year 3 months ago #89524

• Thank you received: 0
hi
did you get this working in the end?
Thanks
1 year 1 month ago #91282

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned. The latest official release contained the updated driver, and the brightness settings can now be set for each filter and will adjust as you cycle through the filters.
The only issue is that the value that is presented in the current brightness field does not update. So for example if you turn on the flat panel at brightness 20, and you then start rotating the filters, in the Main Control tab the brightness will keep saying 20, while the actual brightness will be the value as entered in the Preset tab.
This can be confusing, but annoying more than a real issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robert
1 year 1 month ago #91286

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds