INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 50
As I said my Linux knowledge is minimal - thanks for the idea. I should be able to try it out tonight (cloudy skies are forecast all week!)
11 months 4 days ago #92366
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 97

These commands should help :)
git clone https://github.com/billw2/rpi-clone.git  <= skip this as you already did it
cd rpi-clone
sudo cp rpi-clone rpi-clone-setup /usr/local/bin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
11 months 4 days ago #92368
  • Thank you received: 33
@MATTIA thank you for your help! Indead my instructions were missing cd rpi-clone command.
I have updated the instructions.
saimons-astronomy.webador.com/1235030_ho...o-usb-drive-on-linux
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattia
11 months 4 days ago #92376
small update - I had good progress this week for the 1.6 release which should happen on time

- I packaged Astrodmx (capture software like FireCapture for aarch64) which will be available by default starting from 1.6
- AstroDMx needs a working INDI server before starting - I wrote a mini UI to start INDI server alone (like it is done in astroberry), this could be used also for raspberrys used only as indi servers with no need to use the terminal
- I did most of the work needed to make an RTC (almost) plug'n'play. Only a script to sync the clock on boot is left to be done.
- I packaged astromonitor that will be made default available software from 1.6 (what you don't know what is astromonitor? Have a look here github.com/MattBlack85/astro_monitor) it can notify you via telegram (if internet is available) if Kstars crashes and it can create/restore a complete backup of the Kstars equipment profile so that you can recreate the exact setup on all your machines with no effort
- I created a discord dedicated to AstroArch - if you want to hangout, ask for help, suggesting new features or other things you are very welcome discord.gg/uJEQCZKBT8

see you soon with version 1.6!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer, Jerry Black
Last edit: 11 months 14 hours ago by Mattia. Reason: typos
11 months 14 hours ago #92470
  • Thank you received: 33
@MATTIA Great job! Would you consider including indi_pylibcamera driver (github.com/scriptorron/indi_pylibcamera) into your AstroArch distro?
11 months 12 hours ago #92472
Hi Simon!

I had a quick look at the driver and I believe it should be very doable.

My idea is to package it for ArchLinux instead of scripting the installation such that with a simple sudo pacman -S pylibcamera everything will be in the right place.

Feel free to follow the progress here github.com/devDucks/astroarch-pkgs/issues/5

When that issue will be closed pylibcamera will be ready to be installed

I am still wondering if have it as a pre-packaged driver or leave it for installation for those who want to use the camera
11 months 1 hour ago #92476
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Mattia,

I think I know how to sync the time with rtc on boot, but on rasbian. I don't know if it will be the same on Arch.
There is a script to edit /etc/rc.local , just add these 2 lines before the last exit command at the end.

echo ds1307 0x68 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/new_device
hwclock -s

I hope you will be able to put it in the Arch way.

Valentin
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Val Chevalier.
10 months 2 weeks ago #92848
thanks! I think it should be doable with a simple systemd script. The biggest issue I have now is about the GPIO pins for RTC devices, I can't find reliable sources telling me what pins are the CLK, DATA and RST for a raspberry 4 (found at least 4 different versions of this story), which ones are you using folks?
10 months 2 weeks ago #92851
  • Thank you received: 14
For my side, with a DS3231 rtc on both Pi 3B and Pi 4 8Gb, it is this way , if it can help.

Valentin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattia
10 months 2 weeks ago #92853

Thanks Valentin,

I have my ds1302 wired similarly (plus the RST pin) but I can't see it listed when running i2cdetect, I tried 3 different wirings but all lead to the same result (I even tried on raspbian to make sure it's not the OS). I start to think my module is faulty so I ordered a ds3231 which should arrive on wednesday. Hopefully that will work and I'll be able to close the deal with rtc devices
10 months 2 weeks ago #92854
  • Thank you received: 17
Mattia,

I use this one docs.macetech.com/doku.php?id=chronopi

It's working fine on my AstroArch setup. I just edited the config file as per the post earlier in this thread from Valentin shutdown and restarted and it was up and running fine.

The Raspberry Pi had switched off for a week and it came straight up with the correct time.

Regards

Alan
10 months 1 week ago #92870
it seems the RTC works correctly

I used a systemd script which runs always at boot, gonna share more details later today!
10 months 1 week ago #92890
Attachments:
Time to create page: 1.342 seconds