INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroArch - yet another raspberry distro for astrophotography for ARM64

• Thank you received: 33
What about INDI Web Manager? I find it very usefull.
10 months 5 days ago #93002
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 97
Hi Stefan, have a go with "INDI server GUI" which comes with 1.6

That's a small native UI around indiserver which is also very lightweight
10 months 5 days ago #93004
@MATTIA thank you for explination. Does INDI Server GUI provide automatic driver startup at system boot? This feature of INDI Web manager is really great, because I don't have to connect to Raspberry PI to start INDI server and proper drivers. It all happens automagically ;) Web interface is also very useful for quick reconfiguration or driver restart.
10 months 5 days ago #93008
hey Simon, it does not (yet)

indi-server-gui has been born 2 weeks ago so it just provide basic capabilities.
I am more than willing to add more functionalities, at least to make it par with indi web manager (but possibly more feature reach).
it should be pretty easy to add a config and autostart at boot tho
10 months 5 days ago #93009
That's great to hear! It would be nice to have automated startup. You just turn on your Raspberry PI, INDI server GUI sould take care of loading all the preconfigured drivers (indi_eqmod_telescope,indi_pylibcamera,indi_gpds in my case) and Raspberry PI is ready to be accessed remotelly or locally for astro session. That at least is my prefered user case.
10 months 5 days ago #93011
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi Mattia, I successfully followed your detailed instructions and am now able to run AstroArch from a USB drive with full memory size available. I also successfully upgraded to AstroArch 1.6.0 and was curious to see what you have added. I found, like others, that the AstroDMx installation is incomplete, but returning to KStars I attempted to set it up for my equipment rig. Unfortunately KStars has just been updated to version 3.6.4 stable in your 1.6.0 update, and although most things worked, my Sky-Watcher EQMOD mount was not recognised in Ekos. Eventually I gave up trying various workarounds and have remade AstroArch 1.5.0 on the USB drive and I’m back to a working system again!
10 months 3 days ago #93056
  • Thank you received: 17
That's the same for me too. EQMod crashes when trying to connect to the EQ6R:

Regards
Stefan
10 months 3 days ago #93059
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 50
Yes - I tried it first with my SW AZ/EQ5 which has a USB input with a Prolific chip and operates at 115200 baud, which I thought might be the problem, but then with my AZGTi and EQDirect cable with FTDI chip at 9600 baud, exactly the same result.
10 months 3 days ago #93061
Hi folks, have a good and a bad news.

The bad one is that the drivers are not working because of the same library problem that affected Kstars.

The good one is that recompiling the drivers (after I'll be back home) will fix the issue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, Stefan
10 months 3 days ago #93063
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi folks,

just to be clear, I do not use AstroArch for my rig, but a PC amd64 with a Ubuntu based distribution, but I follow this thread because I started with a Pi 3b with Astroberry 2 years ago, and was in the same situation. So if I can help in any way, fine.

I did some test with AstroArch to run my 2 cameras, ASI 071 and a QHY 5L-II, the 2nd one is connected on the extra USB2 plug on the ASI 071. I got a crash of the QHY driver at start. This setup runs perfectly with my Ubuntu 22.04 PC. I have not tested with the eqmod driver.

Valentin
10 months 3 days ago #93064
Hi all,

I just recompiled some packages and all seems to be working, please update your system and report back.

Thanks,
Mattia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan
10 months 1 day ago #93087
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi Mattia, thanks.
After updating AstroArch the connection to my eq6 seems to work. I can control it from EKOS.
(I will test the other devices tomorrow)
Remaining issues:
- KStars is running but it won't set the language to 'German'
- AstroDMx link is'nt functional (AstroDMx doesn't seem to be installed)
- when I change the background image the default one will be restored after reboot
Regards
Stefan
10 months 1 day ago #93088
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds