INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY driver always crashes - now switched to touptek driver always crashes ?!

• Thank you received: 31
Ubuntu 22.04 on a mini-pc
Ran an update today. Some parts installed, though indilib1, kstars-bleeding and kstars-bleeding-dmg were "held back"
Now the QHYCCD driver never starts, always crashes (this is for my QHY5iii462c guide camera).

Switched to the nightly build, same result.

I did, of course, reboot, power down/up and reseat all of the usb connectors. lsusb shows all devices as expected.
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Ron DeBry.
1 year 1 week ago #91846

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More confused now.

Switched back to stable - and now the qhy driver works but the toupcam driver crashes! Even when I load only toupcam + simulators.
1 year 1 week ago #91847

The relevant-looking line from the log file is:

[2023-04-09T21:52:27.741 EDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2023-04-10T01:52:27: Driver indi_toupcam_ccd: indi_toupcam_ccd: symbol lookup error: indi_toupcam_ccd: undefined symbol: _ZN4INDI3CCD15addFITSKeywordsEPNS_7CCDChipE"

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-50-42.txt
File Size:19 KB

Went back to stable again. Ran apt-get dist-upgrade which installed the toupbase driver that had been held back. Now the driver does not crash but INDI fails to locate the camera.
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Ron DeBry.
1 year 1 week ago #91849
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
1 year 1 week ago #91851

Thank you for the link to the github issue. Today I tried using the Software Updater app and it did list the touptek driver as having an update available (along with a CGEM mount and a weather station, I believe. Installed the update from there, but I remain unable to connect to the Risingcam / touptek camera.

The mini-pc is on Ubuntu 22.04.2, 5.15.0-69-generic x86_64 kernel
1 year 1 week ago #91874

• Thank you received: 3
1 year 1 week ago #91876

I have gone back and forth between stable/nightly several times and tried various combinations of updating with apt-get vs SoftwareUpdater in both.

How can I determine if Ubuntu has also started "helpfully" providing INDI drivers? (and what is the best strategy if that is the case?)

I found this web page: packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default...=indi&searchon=names
that lists a number of INDI packages on the Ubuntu web site (though it does not list either toupbase or qhyccd).
1 year 1 week ago #91877

Time to create page: 0.829 seconds