INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EAA Stellarmate, Pi, cell phone and Ioptron Cube II mount.

I am working on the throttling issue that might cause looping to hang due to rapid INDI property updates. There are no logs available in the App, only in Ekos over VNC. What's exactly the issue with Align?
10 months 1 week ago #92942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks the quick reply.

The mounts goes to the right part of the sky, not to object selected exactly. Then after a few seconds, reports alignment failed. does not attempt to move the mount for a solve. Will try to create logs, next clear night.

Bob
10 months 1 week ago #92944

From what can determine plate solving is not working. I tried 3 time with different log settings. I am trying to send compressed log files now
10 months 5 days ago #92986
Attachments:

I am still having problem with the align section and the go/to in target section. I am apparently not getting any plate solving to work. ( See logs on previous entry)

Trying to follow the instructions in the manual. Align section, I was neglecting the rotator Tab. Since I do not have an automatic rotator. That section in the manual is a bit confusing.

In the aligned tab, optical train set up, rotator control tab, does selecting rotator control button mean I have a automatic rotator? Should I check it?
What does "Use Scale" do, does it open another dialoged box?
"Use Position" also need more info, on what it actually does or not do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
10 months 4 days ago #93022

I really think I have pick the wrong time to test this system.
Normally the spring skies on the east coast are troublesome. Add in worse than normal wet season, clouds and rain. I think we have had rain something like 19 out of 22 weekends. Add in the continuous trail of high atmospheric level smoke coming in from the fires in Western Canada. I can barely see 8 or 8 stars in the sky, with my 72 year old eyes, in my light polluted borttle 7 skies.
Plus a spouse recovering from total Knee replacement keeping me from going to darker skies.

I substituted the Canon DSLR 1100d last night for the ZWQ ASI 120MC-S. and I started to get some action like I expected the system to operate, it did not get a chance to complete. Clouds started rolling in, "Curses Foiled Again".

Will keep trying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
10 months 2 days ago #93075

Another attempt in getting Stellarmate to align, or GoTo and Solve, got me nowhere with just "Align Failure"'s message.

I am using a Short Tube Orion 80mm as the scope.
I am using an ioptron cube II pro with 8408 HC as a mount. The mount is currently using the IEQ45PRO driver in stellarmate. Is that the correct driver?
I am using an ZWO ASI120MC-S as the camera. Focused with a Bahtinov mask. I do not know if the setting are correct for the camera. I have tried using the "Default", "Small field", and "Large field" setting in stellarmate. Are catalogs needed to be downloaded to the Raspberry PI for these? Which is the correct setting to use? What is the acceptable error in alignment? Allot of times stellarmate reports a "0 x 0" as the FOV.
I am seeing approx. 6+ stars in the camera captures. Is that to few? Are my current sky conditions to poor to attempt EAA?

Other equipment, Raspberry PI 4 with 4 Gig, Stellarmate 64 bit, 32Gig SD card. Amazon Fire 7th generation tablet.

Tried using a .5x focal reducer on camera, but did not have enough InFocus and had to remove it

Is there something else I am missing.

Help!!!! Please!!!!

Bob
9 months 3 weeks ago #93276

Time to create page: 0.716 seconds