INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EAA and SBC support?

• Thank you received: 1

EAA and SBC support? was created by Curtis

I'm interested in using this software for an EAA setup that has a Skyscanner with a Touptec 224 camera and a Nexstar SE (the smaller one) mount. I'd like my daughter to be able to control the setup and do her viewing using her tablet, which is an amazon fire kids 8" tablet. Does live stacking work reliably, and is there an adjustable histogram?

Since I can't readily get a Raspberry Pi, is there another SBC, like an Orange Pi 5 or similar, that I can use to run this software?
11 months 3 weeks ago #92428

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by Chris Kuethe on topic EAA and SBC support?

Unless you and your daughter enjoy tinkering with computers, you probably won't like this answer.

The stellarmate app requires SMOS running on a raspberry pi or StellarMate hardware. I hear mumbling on the internet about SMOS x86_64 as a download, the way it is for raspberry pi, but nothing official.

If you're looking for just some other reasonably powerful ARM SBC, Radxa Zero works pretty well for me. I soldered up a custom hat with an I2C RTC and a GPS on it, and 3d printed a little enclosure for it. It's only got one USB port, but it's USB-3 with a type-c connector - plenty fast enough for an imaging camera, a guide camera, a mount, and a USB SSD. I haven't yet tried Siril on it for live stacking.

Other EAA approaches:
* DwarfLab Dwarf II. I've got one, it's pretty immature software-wise, but is fun to hack on. Some users express considerable frustration with the out-of-box experience, others are willing to tolerate a bit of teething pain and have relatively good results. It does have live stacking, and will simultaneously save FITS files to the sdcard.
* ZWO ASI Air (see discussion on other boards about ZWO not respecting licenses)
* ZWO ... star something. their new little robotic telescope, probably the same license problems as the Air
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Chris Kuethe.
11 months 3 weeks ago #92451

Replied by Curtis on topic EAA and SBC support?

Thanks that is exactly what I'm wondering, if I can use another ARM SBC. The Radxa Zero does look interesting. Could you let me know if it works for EAA?

Also, how do I get it running with this software?
11 months 3 weeks ago #92454

Replied by Curtis on topic EAA and SBC support?

I do not mind a little set up, I actually would like to contribute to any open source software that does EAA if I can. If this is the right place, can someone point me in the right direction?
10 months 3 weeks ago #92993

• Thank you received: 109
10 months 3 weeks ago #93016

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds