INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarium telescope_control / INDIClient

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

just a few days before I discovered Indilib and tried to get an idea on how it works. I'm quite impressed and this systems seems to be the proper solution for our observatory.

At the moment, i have two questions:
  • Is there already a Stellarium remote "telescope_server" Implementation, that can talk to "indisever" ?
  • Is terre an official GIT Source Code Repository in Github or Bitbucket for INIDLIB?

If there is currently not interfacing software for Stellarium, i'l try to implement a solution on my own.

Regards,
Ralf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oleg
7 years 9 months ago #9062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95
Stellarium doesn't support the INDI.

INDI Library Repository on github.com
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 9 months ago #9063

Hi Ralf, I don't believe Stellarium supports INDI yet. But you can take a look at the existing INDI Clients here . If you plan to use INDI for observatory control, I recommend you use Ekos as it is tailored for this purpose.

INDI is hosted on Github

Btw, at this very moment, I am writing a Qt5 support for INDI Client Library (which is the library used by other program to control INDI devices), since Stellarium is Qt5 based as well, it would be probably be not very challenging to add support to INDI. So you're just here at the right time!
7 years 9 months ago #9064

• Thank you received: 95
'INDI clients are the programs you use to directly control your devices. There are numerous clients implementations that are tailored to specific requirements. But the most popular clients are the generic GUI clients. GUI clients are capable of running any INDI driver.'
www.indilib.org/about/clients.html
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 9 months ago #9065

• Thank you received: 3
I do know, that Stellarium does not support INDI out-of-the box.
But Stellarium supports a TCP/IP based "telescope_server" protocol. Which is quite easy. Therefore I think about implementing a small client application that speaks the telescope server protocol on one side and acts like an indi client on the other side.

I don't think, this would be an inappropriate approach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Wolf
7 years 9 months ago #9067

• Thank you received: 0
Yes, Stellarium doesn't support the INDI because nobody added it. I guess many users will say to you "thanks" for adding INDI support in Stellarium.
7 years 9 months ago #9082

• Thank you received: 46

I have played with the stellarium protocol in the past, and yes, it's easy, to easy in fact, the protocol is very basic, only 2 messages. It is a fairly strait forward task to write a small program that speaks 'stellarium' on one socket, then indi on a connection to an indi server, with basic translation in between.
7 years 8 months ago #9129

• Thank you received: 57
I know somebody implemented the simple stellarium connector for indi. I will look it up or you can search for it in the forum. I am sure there is a post about it somewhere.
7 years 8 months ago #9144

• Thank you received: 57
Found it. It is in pyindi-clients package discussed here:
indilib.org/forum/mounts/1175-pyindi-cli...roblem.html?start=18
7 years 8 months ago #9145

Time to create page: 0.863 seconds