INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI on MacOS X and Homebrew

• Thank you received: 174
Hi, if you have the development tools on MacOS X and want to use Homebrew to build the most recent INDI from source (IMHO much more effective way than MacPorts or Fink), make sure you don't have some older INDI in /usr/local, install Homebrew and follow this procedure:

brew tap polakovic/astronomy
brew install polakovic/astronomy/libindi
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-atik
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-sx
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-qhy
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-eqmod
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-shoestring

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roberto Abraham
10 years 3 months ago #332

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi, if you don't have development tools or don't want to install Homebrew, there is a binary distribution of INDI embedded into INDI Server GUI application. Just download, drag & drop to Applications folder and choose the drivers to run within indiserver.

Source code is available under GPL license, binary distribution can be downloaded for free from our INDI resources page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
10 years 2 months ago #553

MaxDome II and SpectraCyber drivers...

brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-maxdomeii
brew install polakovic/astronomy/indi-spectracyber
10 years 1 month ago #609

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Peter,

The INDI Server app is terrific! I was getting geared up to have to build stuff myself and then I discover you've done all the hard work... thanks so much!

Do you have any plans to add support for weather stations that already have INDI drivers? I was hoping to use INDI to control my AAG Cloud Watcher weather station and my Sky Quality Meter LU, both of which appear to be devices supported by INDI:

indilib.org/devices/weather-stations.html

Thanks again!

Bob
10 years 1 month ago #700

Hi Bob, thank you for the feedback :-)

I will check AAG Cloud Watcher driver and if it can be compiled under OSX I will add it. Sky Quality Meter is probably a different story, it is driver for "INDI for Java" not for INDI, but I will look at it too.

BTW, what INDI client are you using on Mac?

Peter
10 years 1 month ago #701

Hi Peter, that is terrific, thanks very much!

As for a client, I guess it's going to be nothing more than indi_getprop called by a script. My goal is to be able to monitor my observatory from my iPad. The plan at the moment is to simply use an app called Status Board:

panic.com/statusboard/

This app displays data streams that it can get from web servers or from stored files on DropBox folders. So the basic idea is to run an INDI server on my observatory computer along with a Perl script which polls the observatory weather stations (presumably using indi_getprop) and periodically writes out a CSV file with the latest data to my DropBox folder.

Thanks again!

Bob
10 years 1 month ago #702

Hi Bob,

may I ask you to download new INDI server with AAG Cloud Watcher driver included from INDI_Server_1.3.dmg and to test if it does work?

Thank you, Peter
10 years 1 month ago #703

Sure thing Peter. I'm at work right now but I'll download it and try it out when I get home later.

Thanks again!

Bob
10 years 1 month ago #704

Hi Peter,
I haven't had a chance to try "INDI Server.app" with the AAG Cloud Watcher yet (since I'm still at the office), but I got curious and took a look at what's included in the app bundle. It looks great! One suggestion though: I noticed it includes a build of indi_setprop but doesn't include builds of indi_getprop or indi_eval. Do you think you could include those as well? I think it would make it significantly more stand-alone... otherwise somebody (like me) that just wants to access the devices from high-level scripts would probably have to build indilib just to get indi_getprop.

I feel like a broken record, but thanks again for putting this thing together! It certainly makes the use of INDI very convenient for Mac OS X users.

All the best,

Bob
10 years 1 month ago #705

Hi Peter,

I just tried the AAG Cloud Watcher server in the app and I think the bit you're responsible for works just fine --- the Mac OS X INDI server is seen by a Linux machine on my internal network and the AAG Cloud Watcher server configures itself properly in both XEphem and KStars clients. I can do stuff like set the serial port and save the configuration. Unfortunately the client itself doesn't seem to to be working (i.e. when I try to connect to the client to get weather info I just get the yellow status button permanently), so I guess the driver itself needs updating... I will try to take a look at that myself when I get some time.

Thanks yet again!

Bob
10 years 1 month ago #706

Hi Bob, thank you, it seems, something is wrong... Zerjillo, any idea? Peter
10 years 1 month ago #707

Hi, both Homebrew repo and binary distribution for MacOS X embedded in INDI Server are now updated to INDI 0.9.8. Any feedback is welcome :-)

You can download it from here or from here .
10 years 1 week ago #810

Time to create page: 1.239 seconds