Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Astroberry Server

Astroberry Server - wlanconfig 8 months 1 week ago #23257

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 168
It's not enough information to diagnose the issue. It looks like it's all about network connectivity problem not astroberry server per se. Long boot time might also suggest sd card corruption. Review your boot up logs, they might contain important information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelgeMK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astroberry Server - wlanconfig 8 months 1 week ago #23261

Resolved. I have put a # in front of auto wlan0 in the /etc/network/interfaces file. Now the hotspot is coming up, as it used to.

I guess going forward I will rather use the ethernet.

Astroberry Server - wlanconfig 8 months 1 week ago #23262

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
So you have broken it yourself ;-) Anyway, good to know it works again!

Astroberry Server - HAT 8 months 5 days ago #23412

Dear Radek,

Wanted to share some pictures showing the „Astroberry-HAT“, which hosts the stepper driver (A4988) for the astroberry-focuser and the connection to the gps breakout board, as well as the circuit for the reset / shutdown button / led. The HAT receives the 5v input for the stepper and the Raspberry from a 12v to 5v converter. From the HAT 3,3v go to the gps board. Also the HAT connects the RX/TX pins.

The mount is connected via Bluetooth. Only for the ASI cams I need the RPi USB plug. The focuser / stepper is connected via a 5pol MIDI cable.

If of interest to anyone, I can provide more detail description.

Thank you once again for the astroberry server + drivers!

Helge
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaczorek

Astroberry Server - HAT 8 months 4 days ago #23428

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Great implementation! I keep my fingers crossed so everything works for you as expected.

BTW. You say "From the HAT 3,3v go to the gps board". Does it mean that you power GPS from original RPi 3,3V rail through the HAT or you power it separately with your own 3,3V supply. Please not that you should never do the latter with RPi. You can back-power RPi from the HAT with 5V and use 3,3V provided by RPi on GPIO 1 and/or 17. Double check this!

Astroberry Server - HAT 8 months 4 days ago #23447

Thanks a lot!

This is the prototype HAT. The 3.3v come from the RPi. Looks like the 3.3v line is receiving the 3.3v from RPi pins 1 and 17. From there I am feeding the GPS.

Best, Helge
Attachments:

Astroberry Server 7 months 3 weeks ago #23676

Hi,

I am wondering about the following: If I wanted to access the astroberry server, on the pi, remotely via a Windows laptop (EKOS) via ethernet cable, what do I have to enter as address in the Kstars profileditor? Running "ifconfig" does not score an IP address.

Astroberry Server 7 months 3 weeks ago #23679

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You need to enter IP address of your raspberry pi running INDI server

Astroberry Server 7 months 3 weeks ago #23805

Hi Radek,

Firstly, a big thank you for assembling this project, it truly is a real time saver. I've configured my Astroberry to connect to my wireless LAN with a static IP and all is working fine. My only issue is that I'm trying to access the Astroberry from a 10" Android tablet (4:3 aspect ratio). When I connect via VNC, the resolution is always 1920x1080 regardless as to what is set in config.txt. I'm guessing this is somehow coded in X11VNC but I'm not really sure where to look to find it.

I'm using a VNC application on the Android tablet, not a web browser.

Can you help?

Many thanks in advance!

Paul

Last Edit: by Dodge.

Astroberry Server 7 months 3 weeks ago #23807

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Paul, I'm glad you like it. The resolution is fixed to 1920x1080 in /boot/config.txt however you can autoresize what you see in you browser by using Scalling mode (available in Settings floating menu on the left). Just set it to Local scaling and the resolution will adjust according to you local settings.
The reason it is configured this way is that Ekos requires quite high resolution to fit all the controls on one screen. To make it easier for a user the native resolution is set to 1920x1080 and it is downscaled in the browser if user needs it.
Clear skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodge

Astroberry Server 7 months 3 weeks ago #23808

Hi Radek,

Thanks - but the scaling only works through a web browser, I'm using a VNC viewer on the tablet. Anyway, I've made some more tweaks to /boot/config.txt and I've had some success. I don't know why it wasn't working before, but thanks for your help!

Thanks again!

Paul

Astroberry Server - Installation problems 7 months 1 week ago #24140

• apos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Radek,

thanks for your great software-stack ;-)

But I had severe problems using
cat astroberry-XXX.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdX bs=32M

to flash the image onto a sandisk 16 GB card. SHA256 checksum was OK.
I tried on different machines (Ubuntu 17.10). I have 15 years+ experience using linux.

The only solution was using etcher ( etcher.io ) which worked without any problem.

I highly recommend, that you alter the Readme.md at github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server recommending etcher as preferred flash method. Also non experienced users on Mac, Windows or Linux will profit from this.

Cheers
Axel

Last Edit: by apos.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica