INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Joystick and Telescope/Mount connection

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Please excuse this very newbie question.

I'm trying to control my EQMOD mount using a game pad. I have followed the guide Controlling your telescope with a joystick

Steps taken:
  1. Opened Device Manger in KStars
  2. Connected to my mount using EQMOD (start service locally and connected in INDI Control Panel)
  3. Connected to my game pad using Joystick (start service locally and connected in INDI Control Panel)
  4. Confirmed that the game pad was working by checking the Monitor tab - Joystick 1 gives values when I move it
  5. In the Options tab of the EQMod I have enabled the Joystick Option

Using the INDI control panel I can slew the mount by clicking the North/South/Eat/West buttons, but nothing happens when I try to use the game pad.

I have used two different game pads (different makes), two different computers (both with Ubuntu 16.04 + INDI 1.5 installed), even two different mounts (EQ6 & EQ6-GT)! Turned tracking on and off. Adjusted the slew rate. Enabled debug for both the telescope and joystick drivers. Tested with Telescope Simuilator instead of EQMod (The RA and DEC do not change when I use the game pad).

I have a feeling have missed something very obvious!

Thanks,

Eliot
6 years 4 months ago #20943

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That guide was written before Ekos was mainstream. Just use "Joystick" from Auxiliary drop down the equipment profile, do not use Device Manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
6 years 4 months ago #20944

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.191 seconds