INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Library install problem

• Thank you received: 0
That's It!... I'm completely stuck as to why this Pi server isn't working,
-The indi library looks to be installed
- In remote no devices show in the drop downs but they do in Local mode
- If I run: indiserver -vv driver_executable ( for the appropriate drivers) i get the control panel up but Gphoto can never finf the camera
Do i need to configure the camera port?
I'm looking for any ideas at all, just anything
Thanks
Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1048

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please following the instructions in the manual if you want to setup Ekos for remote connection . Once you fill the device names, they will show up in the drop down menu. Can you use gphoto2 from the command line to capture from your camera? or use any applications like digiKam to capture photos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1051

Thanks Knro,
Can you tell me with the Indi server doe you have to manually run the drivers on the remote host each time you use the setup or does this clip of info from the Kstars handbook allow auto recognition of the devices and drivers also where would you find the local port?
Secure Remote Operation
Suppose we want to run an indiserver with INDI drivers on a remote host, remote_host, and connect them to KStars running on the local machine.
From the local machine log onto the remote host, remote_host, by typing:

$ ssh -L local_port:remote_host:remote_port

This binds the local_port on the local machine to the remote_port on the remote_host. After logging in, run indiserver on the remote host:

$ indiserver -p remote_port [driver...]

Back on the local machine, start KStars then open the Device Manager and add a host under the Client tab. The host should be the local host (usually 127.0.0.1) and the port number should be the local_port used in the steps above. Right-click on the host and select Connect from the popup menu. KStars will connect to the remote INDI server securely. The host information will be saved for future sessions.
9 years 11 months ago #1054

You don't need to do that if you're going to use RPi. Can you please tell me what devices are connected to the RPi please? I will give you a step-by-step HOWTO on how to connect to them.
9 years 11 months ago #1055

Hi,
Thanks for the help, I've sat at this machine trying everthing to work, The laptop seems to connect to the pi remotely fine and I enetered the names from the Indi library of the devices into the options section so they are displayed in the ekos remote window but section 4 for connecting is always greyed out.
The devices I want to run are:
-Canon DSLR
-ZWO ASI 120mm
-QHY5V Guider
I'll have to find a focuser thats compatible as I was going to use Hitecastro,
So far this is my work flow.
1. log into PI only
2. power to devices
3. Devive manager Kstars, connect to host 7624
4. Open Ekos and start Indi
Indi panel opens but is empty and often says " Unable to completey conect to 3 devices".
Thanks for any help, I can't quite see where I'm going wrong, this looks like fantastic software and will hopefully operate my micro Obsy about 50mtr from my house.
Thanks
Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1061

Within Ekos, you can only use one primary camera and one guider, since you listed 3 cameras, not sure which is which. At any rate, using Ekos, you can only connect to 2 of them. So assuming QHY & Cannon, on the RPI, run the following:
indiserver -vv indi_qhy_ccd indi_gphoto_ccd

On Ekos, go to options, set CCD device to "GPhoto CCD", and set Guider device to whatever the indi_qhy_ccd reports on startup. For example, with indi_gphoto_ccd, you shall see:
read <defSwitchVector device='GPhoto CCD' name='CONNECTION'>

Hence the device name is "GPhoto CCD", the same thing applies to QHY CCD.

Also, in Ekos, set the IP address of the remote RPi and port (by default 7624). Then in Ekos, click "Start INDI" then it should report that it connected to the remote devices without issues hopefully, then click "Connect" and you should be connected. I'm attaching my Ekos settings as an example.
9 years 11 months ago #1062
Attachments:

Thanks for getting back so soon, It does look similar to what I'm doing but I'll have a goo later on. So do you have to run the drivers in command line each time you use the server?
Also should I not touch the device manager within Kstars?
Thanks
Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1063

No, once the server starts it will run infinitely until you stop it. And yes, you should not touch the device manager in KStars if you're using Ekos as Ekos handles everything internally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1064

Thanks a lot, it's been a bit of a challenge to get this set up but worth it I think. You've been a great help
Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1065

Well I entered the:
Indiserver -VV indi_asi_ccd indi_gphoto_ccd
- Entered the names into the options
- Start Indi- the indi control panel comes up with the two devices
- Section 4 connect devices, a message say that "Re,ore devices establish. please connect devices"
when connect in pressed in sec 4 it says " connecting Indi devices…" but it never does, "connect" remains on with no option to disconnect. Indi control panel shows the devices but can't connect when i go into options the "driver info light is off but the configuration and debug can be set to green.
The Gphoto message asks if power is ok and the ASI can't find camera. I've updated the drivers in the pi but they seem up to date withy none to replace.
Starting to feel code line inadequate or something to that effect..
Thanks
Campbell
9 years 11 months ago #1068

Can you get those drivers working on a regular PC/Laptop? Let's try to see if that's the issue before trying to diagnose issues in RPi drivers.
9 years 11 months ago #1072

Hi Knro,
It's been a while since i've a=had a chance to get back to this while but I've still had no joy, the camera works fine on this same laptop connecting with Backyard Eos so it's not a problem there. Below is the message being displayed within the Indi control panel:
2014-08-14T20:37:12: Error loading configuration. Unable to read config file. Error loading file /root/.indi/GPhoto CCD_config.xml: No such file or directory
The message that is displayed on the command lin on the pi when I run the indi driver for Gphoto is below:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# indiserver -v -m 100 indi_gphoto_ccd
2014-08-14T20:36:17: startup: indiserver -v -m 100 indi_gphoto_ccd
2014-08-14T20:36:17: Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: pid=2538 rfd=3 wfd=6 efd=7
2014-08-14T20:36:17: listening to port 7624 on fd 4
2014-08-14T20:36:17: Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: snooping on Telescope Simulator.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD
2014-08-14T20:36:23: Client 0: new arrival from 192.168.0.10:49233 - welcome!
The ASI camera is working although it says there's no config file but can take images.
Any other thoughts anyone?
Campbell
9 years 8 months ago #1737

Time to create page: 0.714 seconds