INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moonlite focus short limit

• Thank you received: 22
Why is Moonlite focus now limited to 1000 positions? It needs to be no limit or 100,000 at least.

No amount of coaxing will get it to move past 1000. Even though it says going to 5000 it stays at 1000 and then will say going to 5000 again if I try. Most bizarre.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Ray Wells.
5 years 11 months ago #24821

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

it's not, maybe you set maximum travel to 1000 by mistake?
5 years 11 months ago #24822

I'll probaably find this was my problem somewhere in the junkpile that is my diy rig. It was a frustrating and too short evening trying to get in an hour between workdays on the one clear night.
I can set max to whatever I want and it will still snap back to 1000 limit at actual position. The limit doesn't appear to be stored in the xml and It was working fine a month ago then just got weird. I've been having trouble nailing down the usb map with all these different computers in the mix. It's unlikely but possible the wrong driver poked some packet that set my focuser like this. I'll have plenty of time to fiddle and check during MORE SNOW this weekend.
Thanks again for what you do. I've been lurking in Kstars chat for a week or so. Is there an Indi channel somewhere?
Also(unrelated to op) I already had a couple of arm systems when Stellarmate came out. Is there a way to get that distro or is it primarily using ubuntu mate as mine are?
5 years 11 months ago #24825

• Thank you received: 28
I just tested my DIY setup and it moved 8000 steps out and in for me using only the moonlight driver and the CCD simulator.
5 years 11 months ago #24827

Thanks for verifying. Was that from current git? My current theory is corrupt info in my focuser somehow. I'll check it out.
It might actually be the excuse to change the cheapduino out for a mini I have on hand to end the usb conflicts. :D
5 years 11 months ago #24833

• Thank you received: 28
I'm using Jasem's Ubuntu PPA. The driver information says it's version 1. I can't seem to find any more information about the driver on my system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
5 years 11 months ago #24854

Got it fixed! Mine uses a variant of Robert brown's firmware and my own super simple one header nano/drv8825 design. I ran some tests from the IDE terminal talking directly to the unit. I think the eaprom data got corrupted somehow and was not saving via indi because when I manually updated max position using terminal commands and resaved to eprom everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help!

p.s. I bet Jasem will be happy to hear everything is finally running all at once. diy focuser, 2 asi cams, diy filter wheel, diy mount. Fingers crossed for no black holes next clear night. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 11 months ago #24866

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds