INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI Server using Linux Subsystems for Windows

This is WAAAAY early stages, but a quick test with the simulators yesterday went just fine.

Have to check today if COM/Serial stuff work. I know that libusb does not work there so this renders all camera as non-working by default. But still, something better than nothing I suppose.

What you see here is INDI Server running under Ubuntu under Windows 10 under VirtualBox under Ubuntu :blink: :blink:

5 years 11 months ago #25251
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
I finally got around to trying this out. I started with the Avalon mount which for me is on COM7.
I first did an apt-get install indi-full, then started indiserver.
To get access to the COM port I had to chmod 666 /dev/ttyS7
Then fired up Ekos (and PHD2) and connected to the mount, slewed, parked etc...
I also installed astrometry.net and ansvr and got it 90% working from the Ekos alignment module. That is it solved an image behind the scenes but the ansvr Jnow converter failed (it was compiled for Cygwin). I've reached out to Andy to see if something can be done so fingers crossed.
So what we need now is either libusb support or some way to bridge across to Windows
5 years 3 months ago #33755

• Thank you received: 420
When you chmod a tty device, it will be reset when you connect the mount again. A better way is to make sure that your Linux user is in the appropriate group. This very likely is the group dialout but I am not 100% sure. Please do an

ls -l /dev/ttyS7

to see the group. See here

www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-linux-add-user-to-group/

on how to add the user to a group on Linux.

HTH, Wouter
5 years 2 months ago #33757

Time to create page: 1.669 seconds