INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Internal Guider not calibrating

• Thank you received: 88
I think you did not select your ASI120MM as guiding interface, but EQMod Mount. If you use a ST4 cable between your ASI and the mount, guiding commands should be sent to the ASI camera, so select your camera as guiding interface in Ekos. I don't have it under the hand so can't precisely say how, but this is set in your Ekos profile before starting.
5 years 10 months ago #25890

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Actually now that I think about it, the logs are from KStars. So IDMessage(...) is being sent to KStars and then it is logged, this is not done inside INDI directly, so the timestamps could be off, but the delays appear consistent nevertheless.
5 years 10 months ago #25897

• Thank you received: 29
Did some "extensive" testings yesterday, but did not succeed calibrating. Tried different settings for the minimum pulse lengths and backlash (backlash settings in the eqmod driver, but have to admit that I have no clou which values would makes sense). I tried also both available choices in the pop down menu for "via" (either picked ASI120 or EqMod), but results were the same. There was no selection of "ST4" or anything else available. I think I chose stars around the stars Pollux or Castor as calibration target.

Attached my log file. Would be great if problem can be resolved. If issue is on my side (e.g. mount), would be curious to know as well - if for instance "backlash" was an issue, I would not know what to do.

Thanks a lot as always for the terrific support! Helge
5 years 10 months ago #25914
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 88
Don't use backlash, I made that for a home made mount hardware, I will disable it. The calibration process takes care of that.
Select the ASI120 in the menu to use its ST4 port.
And try again using the default settings. That should work, I use the same setup ;-)
Anyway your last log file was almost empty.
5 years 10 months ago #25917

Oh no, it is empty, indeed - and no other file stored from last night. What a shame.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and good to know better not to touch the backlash - do you think that could have been disturbing the calibration?

Quick question: is the calibration process affected the brightness of the stars, should the autostretch function be enabled?
5 years 10 months ago #25918

• Thank you received: 226
Knro wroteWhy should subframing be avoided?
5 years 10 months ago #26113

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic Internal Guider not calibrating

Now you can try my way of guiding. I am also having the same mount and ASI120MC for guiding.
1. under profile editor, guiding set to internal
2. Under Guide tab, choose via EQmod moun and bin to 2x2
3. under guide option page, follow my setting in attached photo if you wish to perform dithering.
4. Please remove ST4 cable!!!!!!!

Are you using USB to connect to the mount? I am doing that as well.

Good luck!

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Tom.
5 years 10 months ago #26142
Attachments:

Great, thanks a lot! I never thought about not using the ST4 cable. I have connected the mount via Bluetooth to the Raspberry, as well as the ASI via USB to the Pi.

Best, Helge
5 years 10 months ago #26148

try to connect the mount using USB cable and see any miracle happen? Pulse guiding either doing great with USB or RS232. :)
5 years 10 months ago #26149

Hm..does it mean that the BT connection is not good enough to support guiding?
5 years 10 months ago #26151

I still think that cable still play a very important role in transmitting data without failing. :)
5 years 10 months ago #26152

• Thank you received: 34
My personal experience was that BT is even more unreliable than Wifi connections but it could also be just delusion :side:
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
5 years 10 months ago #26155

Time to create page: 0.689 seconds