INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Testers Needed on OS X: SBIG, MGEN, Fishcamp, ATIK, and Arduino

• Thank you received: 812
If you did not see, last week I added SBIG drivers for OS X and firmware loading capability which is now included in the version on the website. This weekend I was wondering what other drivers could be fixed to work on OS X. I think I got the Arduino drivers (INDIDUINO), MGen Autoguider, and Fishcamp guider to work with some minor edits. I also got permission from Peter to include his ATIK driver in KStars. But I need some people to test them because I don't own these devices. I would like to know if they work. So please if you have one of these devices and OS X, I can send you a KStars DMG so you can test them. Then I will know whether we can include them in the official dmg for KStars on the website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Pepe
5 years 10 months ago #26251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
One of my colleagues owns an MGEN. I’ll ask her to volunteer. Mind, the weather around Madrid at the moment isn’t good since we’re right in the monsoon season....
5 years 10 months ago #26252

Excellent, thanks! We don't really need good weather. If it connects and can take an image of the wall thats fine.
5 years 10 months ago #26253

I ordered an Arduino, I should be able to play with that in a couple of days. I really should have one around anyway. . .
5 years 10 months ago #26254

I got a volunteer for fish camp! He offered to let me borrow his fish camp starfish for testing.
5 years 10 months ago #26255

Ok I made a build with everything except Fishcamp. So if you have SBIG, MGEN, ATIK, or INDIDUINO, please test it with this build and let me know how it works:

drive.google.com/file/d/19ZH2H4DGYkTl3jc...lYi/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 10 months ago #26257

• Thank you received: 3
Hi!

I use the MGEN autoguider and would be glad to help testing your driver.

Cheers
Stephan
5 years 10 months ago #26259

Thank you very much, please try the dmg in the link I provided and let me know if it works.

Rob
5 years 10 months ago #26276

My Arduino arrived today. I had to try it out. It took me some time to find the right file to upload to the Arduino. It was StandardFirmata.ino and was located in the indiduino directory in the official libindi git. Once I loaded that file, INDI Duino worked great on Mac OS X. So that work I did this weekend was worth it. I could have a lot of fun playing with INDI, my Mac, my raspberry pi, and an Arduino.

First successful test, turning on a simple LED in the Simple Switcher Arduino INDI Driver.
5 years 10 months ago #26278
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
Hi rlancaste, can you have a look at this? indilib.org/forum/focusers-filter-wheels...t-work-on-macos.html
It's an Arduino focuser, can use under linux, but can't work under macOS .
5 years 10 months ago #26299

First, are you planning to use Moonlite Focus or do you want to use indi-duino, which has an Arduino Focuser?

In terms of the port being busy or not available, I would plug it in and go to the terminal. Do an ls /dev command and see what the ports are. That way you can check to see that it is in fact this port. Second, almost certainly I expect there will be a /dev/cu.wchusbserial1410 and a /dev/tty.wchusbserial1410 (using your example). I found that for indi-duino the cu port worked ok, but with my moonlite I think it wanted tty. Note that you might also have to change permissions on the port to make it available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynx
5 years 10 months ago #26300

I built a new dmg and posted it. So the latest version includes the SBIG, MGEN, Fishcamp, ATIK, and Arduino drivers. Also it includes some icon fixes. And most importantly, it includes a crucial dylib that was missing in the latest version of the app that is needed for plate solving. But now to test these drivers, just use the regular build.
5 years 10 months ago #26302

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds