INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

build directories for Ubuntu

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
I see both the ppa and the git install by default to /usr. I ask simply becase I normally work with OpenSuse Leap where it is a cardinal sin to mix/overwrite packaged with locally built stuff. I'm totally cool with it but just wanted to check that after the indlib build had completed, my search under /usr/local was futile;)
Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
5 years 8 months ago #27235

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
In the Mac build we put everything into /usr/local if you build from home brew and into an app bundle for Mac apps. So if you build from source and specify the prefix, you too can put INDI and KStars in a custom location. Also in KStars, you can specify the paths to programs like INDI, xplanet, astrometry, etc if they are in custom locations. One issue might be firmware files because the drivers tend to look for them at specific paths and things like gphoto which expects its files to be at certain locations, but event these can be changed with environment variables.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
5 years 8 months ago #27236

• Thank you received: 94
Thanks. Yeah. I'm very much a keep-the-defaults builder. I suppose the advantage is that when a new version comes along as a ppa, we just apt it and it will overwrite the git build without having to worry about path and environment.
Cheers,
Steve
5 years 8 months ago #27247

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds