INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exposure/Download question on Raspberry Pi

• Thank you received: 3
Hi.
I plan on running indiserver remote on a raspberry pi and I wonder when indi starts a new exposure when capturing a sequence. Is it directly when the previous image is completed or does it wait until Ekos has downloaded the image? My camera is being repaired so I can't test this myself at the moment.

And another question, is there a way to protect the connection to the remote server with a login (username/password)? As of now, couldn't someone take over my equipment if they found out the address to it?

/Daniel
9 years 7 months ago #1699

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, by default it waits until Ekos receives the image then it begins the next exposures. However, if you set your CCD driver Upload Mode to "Local", then the image is saved locally on the RPI and Ekos just gets a notification that the image is saved and it then initiates the next exposure.

Regarding the security issue, this is beyond the scope of INDI. You can enable firewall on the RPI and if you start INDI server, say on port 7624, then from the client side, you can use ssh port forwarding. Assuming RPI IP address is 192.168.1.10
ssh -L 7624:192.168.1.10:7624 pi@192.168.1.10

Once you run the above command, you can connect to port 7624 locally (i.e. localhost) and it will be forwarded to your raspberry pi.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 7 months ago #1700

• Thank you received: 3
Ok thank you for the answer!

Very neat "trick" using ssh port forwarding. :)

/Daniel
9 years 7 months ago #1701

Time to create page: 0.664 seconds