INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD Guiding Setup Connection Problem

• Thank you received: 19
What do you mean with native zwo driver? Where? in Aux?
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 5 months ago #31815

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94

Hi
Please see the attached screenshot. Instead of selecting indi camera, select zwo camera. Don't forget to remove the entry for guider in your ekos profile and be sure to have the PHD2 server enabled: PHD2 Tools menu > Enable server
HTH.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by alacant.
5 years 5 months ago #31817
Attachments:

Tried your version too. Same problem. When i use internal guiding everything works fine, when i set it to phd2, system wont connect. Neither with PHD running, or not running, connected or not in phd2 makes no difference too...
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 5 months ago #31818

• Thank you received: 812
So I totally agree with what alacant said about the best way to set up phd2, but I did not say that because there is a deeper problem here. The INDI server should still start with these settings.

But I’m not sure if you know what I meant. I am saying to try the actual web manager interface in a web browser, not touching Ekos. If you start the INDI server there with the new settings does it start and stop.
5 years 5 months ago #31826

Another words I am trying to track down whether the issue is with your INDI server not starting or stopping with the new settings, with your Ekos not connecting to that INDI server, or something else
5 years 5 months ago #31827

Is your client the kstars on the pi or on the Mac ? If it is one can you try the other? That will verify that it’s not specific to your Mac
5 years 5 months ago #31828

• Thank you received: 94

HI. AFAICT, the indi server does start; you start, stop and control PHD2 via the EKOS guide module. Guide information is passed back to EKOS, a guide trace, RMS and dither informaution are handled as for the internal guider. Hope I'm not making too much noise. Just trying to get the OP guiding:)
5 years 5 months ago #31829

Sorry that second paragraph was meant for Niki. I know that it *should* work with your settings. It *should* have worked with his settings too. That is the issue. I would like him to try a couple of things to see what the issue is to try and narrow down the issue of why it isn't starting. First, start and stop it using the INDI Web manager instead of using Ekos with the new settings to see if the INDI web manager can start and stop the INDI server. Then as another test, use Ekos on a different computer (if he is running Ekos on his Mac, run Ekos on the pi etc) to see if it is something with that.
5 years 5 months ago #31832

OK. Lots of thngs get lost in translation here because of my english... But:

You say i should start indi server via indi web manager. OK. I have to explain this clearer i think:

I CAN just go to indi webmanager right now on another tab. What i see ist what you see in the screenshot. I CAN start and stop without problem from imac or macbook, no problem.

BUT: Where the problem starts is when i now go and start kstars on my mac, AFTER i allready started indi server via indy web manager i get this connection failure...

OK i don´t get it. I tried while writing this here and found out that the only profile working seems to be my profile "Sternwarte"
I can make new profiles, call them whatever i want, but none of them will start the indiserver...

and again i have to say BUT: Now i tried it the other way around and CHANGED the only WORKING profile and changed to PHD guiding there, and than, i can´t believe it, it works...

So i will use this profile only and change it to whatever i need, but i really don´t understand why...

too bad today is full of clouds, so testing will happen the other day...

What i want to know is: Does the profile in KStars have to have the exact same name as in indi web manager?
I am not sure if i do understand this indi web manager right, and what it does...
I always start the terminal on my linux machine and type indi-web there. So is that the same what the web manager does? Do i have to do so or not?

cheers and thanx for all your help. Maybe some day we find out why no other profile is working...
5 years 5 months ago #31850
Attachments:

I found out another thing, almost NOT to see, but there IS a difference between the on working profile and the other profiles NOT working.

As you can see on the screenshots, the profile "Sternwarte" shows the driver path in the section "Remote" down on the window.
The other profiles i tried show this path too, but its more faded, and not to see as good...
how come?
5 years 5 months ago #31851
Attachments:

So one thing that I notice in your past post is that for the one that does work in Ekos, the INDI web manager checkbox is checked but on the phd2 profile it is not checked. Was that intentional?

So in Ekos you can check that box to send profiles to the web manager and to remotely start and stop the INDIServer. If that checkbox is not checked, then you need to be sure you already have the exact same profile on the pi and that you have already started it with INDI web manager before you try to connect from Ekos . Without that checkbox checked it cannot start the INDI server.
5 years 5 months ago #31856

OK. The reason for not checking that indi webmanager checkbox was only that it did not work this and that way...
You say when i check this box i send the profile to my web manager, right?
so does the webmanager have to ALLREADY HAVE this exact same profile or is it then "made" there?

I do NOT have a PI as mentioned from you. Its a Laptop with KDE Neon running where KStars is installed. Don´t know if that is necessary...
If i understand you right, the Profile names on my Linux machine outside and on my remote mac inside must be "exactly" the same name? And on the webmanager too?

cheers
Niki
5 years 5 months ago #31857

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds