INDI Library v1.8.0 is Released (27 Jul 2019)

INDI Library v1.8.0 is mostly a maintenance release to fix a few bugs in several drivers.

USB hubs - a never ending story

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by JCJ on topic USB hubs - a never ending story

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationWhile I am at it, I have been surprised that this USB 3 hub always connects my USB 3 cameras first, and not my USB 2 scope !
7 months 5 days ago #33799

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by starman345 on topic USB hubs - a never ending story

JCJ wrote: I would like to add a point to this topic concerning the mixture of USB 2 and USB 3 devices connected to a same hub.
Remember to connect FIRST the USB 3 devices (cameras in my case) to the hub, and THEN the additional USB 2 devices (scope in my case).
The first device you plug in will configure the port, so always connect USB 3-capable hubs or devices first.
If you plug in a USB 2 hub first, all devices connected or "daisy-chained" to that hub will operate up to the maximum transfer rate of USB 2 speed (480 Mbps).
If you are on Apple, check connections with System Information (Apple () menu > About This Mac > System Report, then select : Hardware / USB, use ⌘R Refresh Information)
THEN power up the devices and start the astronomy software.

Thanks for posting this, now my ZWO ASI294 camera transfers files at usb3.0 speeds to my NanoPC-T4 device, it never occurred to me to pay attention to the order of plugging in usb3 and usb2 devices.
-Brian

Kstars-Ekos-INDIE
NanoPC-T4 - Armbian Ubuntu 18.04
iOptron CEM25P mount
Photoline 80mm triplet
ZWO ASI294MC Pro Imaging camera
ZWO ASI290MM mini Guide camera

Last edit: 7 months 5 days ago by starman345.
7 months 5 days ago #33809

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by JCJ on topic USB hubs - a never ending story

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

JCJ wrote: While I am at it, I have been surprised that this USB 3 hub always connects my USB 3 cameras first, and not my USB 2 scope !

The link didn't appear in my reply ! The name of the hub is "Sabrent 4-Port Hub USB 3.0" with 4 independent switches
7 months 5 days ago #33811

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds