INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Digital Dome Works - does this work?

• Thank you received: 168
I have an untested driver for DDW done, just haven't had time to go to our astronomy club's observatory to actually test it. If someone is adventurous enough to try, the code can be found in github.com/jpaana/indi/tree/ddw_driver (ie. ddw_driver branch in my fork of main indi repo). Any reports if it can even find the controller, let alone do something with it would be welcome. I can't promise it won't break anything, so being present to physically stop things might be a good idea :)

As for the pointing model, KStars/Ekos has a tool for creating mount model in the alignment tab, but I haven't had the need as I just plate solve the targets anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 4 months ago #63914

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I'll let you go first :)

Seriously, my dome is in s/w New Mexico and I'm currently at home in northern Virginia hunkered down until probably mid-January.

As for Ekos/Indi, thanks -- I'll give it a try. We also have a roll-off with a C-14 Edge and a 140 mm refractor for visual work. I'd like to see if I can control both scopes with one computer.
3 years 4 months ago #63930

• Thank you received: 0
I might have some time to try it on a raspberry pi.....Any issues you foresee? I'm new to the pi experience.
3 years 4 months ago #63947

I don't see there would be any PI specific issues, the driver is using very basic serial communication like most INDI drivers. So if you can compile INDI from source and connect the PI to the controller, that should be enough.
3 years 4 months ago #63948

Any progress? I'm confident I cant get everything else in my chain to run under INDI (mount, camera, filter wheel, etc).
3 years 2 months ago #66456

Unfortunately no progress from my side, the driver should be feature complete, but I haven't been able to go to our club observatory to actually test it (due to covid, general family busyness and pure laziness due to bad weather)
3 years 2 months ago #66480

I'm at my observatory now for at least a month. Is there someway you can send me the code?

Thanks,
Bob
3 years 2 months ago #66489

The code is available as a branch in my INDI fork at github.com/jpaana/indi/tree/ddw_driver
3 years 2 months ago #66491

If the code is almost feature complete, maybe submit it to INDI? At least it would make it to the nightly PPA which would make testing it a lot more accessible.
3 years 2 months ago #66513

I would love to (maintaining a separate branch is a chore), but I'd also like to run it with actual hardware at least once before releasing something with my name on it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 2 months ago #66520

On another front, I manged to get DDW loaded under wine. It "starts" OK in that the usual image appears. However, I can't get the program to connect to the control box using a COM device. It should work (famous last words). The dos devices (like COM1, OOM2, etc) are automatically mapped to the /dev/ttyS* devices.

I'll give jpaana's code a shot.
3 years 2 months ago #66533

So now I need guidance. I've created a "shallow clone" of indi in a separate directory. There are two main directories: build & indi.
I've downloaded jpaana's directory of indi-ddw_driver.

What's the process of the configure/make/make install?

Thanks.
3 years 2 months ago #66536

Time to create page: 1.094 seconds