INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Motorised Focuser - Is it supported in EKOS yet

• Thank you received: 138
Why does this matter? Are you planning to base some vital part of the connection on this?

Celestron will probably be thinking of this as a serial interface with a COM port number. It's possible that they have not considered the VID:PID at all, it could easily change without notice.
3 years 7 months ago #57960

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I am using raspberry pi 4 8gb with ubuntu, kstars/ekos installed.
My mount is a celestron AVX with a celestron focuser attached via ST4 cable to the aux port of the mount.
Ekos will not connect and gives a "port already in use" error.
I think there was an option for the celestron GPS driver in the focuser pulldown I had in astroberry, but does not appear here in ubuntu.
I have updated several times via command line and using the software udpdater GUI app.
If this is indeed the fix, how can i get it? Or, is there another fix? (Using USB is not an option)
Thanks!
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Hal.
2 years 5 months ago #76543

Hi

Unfortunately using the USB connection port on the Focuser may be your only option. This is how it works on my similar AVX set-up.

Can you use a USB hub to multiply the number of USB slots?

Thanks

Chris
2 years 5 months ago #76572

A bit embarassing, but evidently, the Celestron AVX selection for the telescope does give you focuser control. On the Indi Control Panel, Celestron AVX tab, there is a sub-tab on far right almost out of view for Focuser.  Did not see it till now.  Expand the Indi Control Panel window greatly to ensure it is not there already.
That tab may have appeared after I did this update:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libindi
Cannot say for sure.
You don't select anything in the Equipment Profile in Ekos for Focuser, leave it blank (nothing there works).
Celestron Focuser is now operational through the Celestron AVX mount via ST4 cable as intended.  No extra cable required and more importantly, not another USB power draw on the pi.
Caveat:  Have not tried it live yet.  Putting together the system and waiting for some clear air.  Just played with moving it using manual controls in Ekos.
[SOLVED]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Hal.
2 years 5 months ago #76583

Time to create page: 0.986 seconds