INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New build Script for KStars and INDI on Mac OS

• Thank you received: 812
As some of you already know, because of a change in QT in the beginning of January, the old build script that Jamie Smith, Stephane Lucas, and myself created was no longer going to work for us. So this provided me an incentive to finish the project I have been working on over the last few months, getting KStars and INDI and their dependencies to totally build in craft. That goal is not fully achieved yet, but as of now the script that I am posting here should allow anybody with a Mac with Sierra or later to build KStars and INDI automatically using (mostly) craft. So with this you can build the latest version of KStars and INDI to run on your Mac. It also allows you to build a distributable DMG. And it will also get you set up to edit KStars or INDI on your Mac. Please note though that I have been working very hard over the last couple of weeks to get this put together, but the bugs are not necessarily all worked out. Please test it though if you would like and let me know about any issues in building it on OS X.

github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft

Right know one known issue is that Translations are not built for KStars. I am waiting on a reply from Hannah from KDE Craft about that one.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
5 years 2 months ago #34812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Oh and a big thank you to Stephane for helping me to work out all the issues with this new version of the build script!!!
5 years 2 months ago #34816

• Thank you received: 280
Hi Rob,

I'm following this process which gets as far as trying to build:libsamplerate/work/libsamplerate-0.1.9/examples/audio_out.c where it can't find Carbon.h and stops. I've had a quick look and I can't find Carbon.h myself. The code seems to include if its being built on Mac. Since its trying to build something in an "examples" directory maybe this isn't important and could just be skipped? Not sure. Any suggestions gratefully received.

2 years 6 months ago #75977
Attachments:

Hi there John,

I don't recall any issues with libsamplerate.  I also don't think it should require Carbon.  Wasn't that the old OS X GUI from way back?  What system are you building on?

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 6 months ago #75983

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying. I'm on Big Sur (11.4)

Just googled carbon and sounds like you're right, its an old API that was discontinued in 10.15. Since audio.out isn't going to compile I try removing it and try again.
2 years 6 months ago #75985

Yeah we may want to see if we can change the build to avoid this since audio, the GUI, or carbon should be needed at all for indiserver which is what it looks like was building at the time based on your post.  I think the reason it got included was probably ffmpeg, which is needed for the INDI Webcam, but we don't need those features of it.
2 years 6 months ago #75987

Yes, that would be good. You're correct, its in the Indilib part of the script when it fails...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Building INDI 3rd Party Libraries and required dependencies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any tips for, at least temporarily, getting round this? When I delete the "examples" directory the script sinks it back to GitHub before proceeding in, I think, this statement...

craft "$VERBOSE" -i indiserver3rdPartyLibraries
2 years 6 months ago #76001

• Thank you received: 223
Hello Rob,
I haven't built it for a while, I'll give this new script a try at some point in the next few days. Thanks for your continuous hard work.
2 years 6 months ago #76004

I can't build on Mac Intel and Mac M1, and also KStars 3.5.5 crashes when Ekos is started. It's sad that I can't build to test what's going on.
2 years 6 months ago #76009

• Thank you received: 87
Double post please remove....

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nMAC.
2 years 6 months ago #76026

• Thank you received: 87
I can't build it too, same libsamplerate error on MacOS BigSur.

2 years 6 months ago #76027

I just checked on my system.  The command "craft -vi libsamplerate" in the craft environment builds it fine on my computer.  I am running Big Sur and on my system, Carbon.h is found at /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Headers/Carbon.h

Is it there on yours?
2 years 6 months ago #76034

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds