INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Talon6 roll off roof driver

• Thank you received: 62
On the nightly build starting tomorrow there will be a new driver for the TALON6 roll off roof.
TALON6 is used for observatory automation in several locations e.g. at E-eye where 55+ telescopes (including mine) are hosted.
As this is a preliminary version of the drivers, please help me testing and report any issue.
So far (v0.1) only basic features are implemented:
- Park (close) / Unpark (open) the roof
- Abort / stop motion
- Read device status.

Future release will have the other features provided by the device: sync, go to motion, control by mount / weather.

Ferrante
5 years 1 month ago #35377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Guess I'm the only one using INDI on Talon6 roof so I'm almost talking to myself...anyway, I've released a new version of the Talon6 driver with added features:
- Enable / Disable Safety Conditions
- Sync absolute position (number of ticks)
- Roof Go To (open / close perc)
- Monitor Sensors and Conditions

Hoping that in future someone else will use it and help me testing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 11 months ago #38231

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Ferrante

I have my own ROR observatory with a Talon6 system and I am trying to control it with a Stellarmate. I wish I could install the Indi Talon6 driver but I am a complete noob . I have tried to copy and paste the command lines as per the Indi site in the Mate terminal but the Talon6 does not appear in the dome drivers list. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Jean-Louis Tressol
4 years 3 months ago #47130

Hello Jean-Louis and welcome to INDI forum. It appears that Talon6 driver was missing from the repository. I just started a build for it, and hopefully it should be available in the next couple of hours: code.launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+recipe/indi-talon-stable

Once that is complete, you can try to copy / paste that command, and in the next version of INDI it should be installed by default.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferrante Enriques
4 years 3 months ago #47135

@Jasem: if I remember well it already happened. is there something I should change in the configuration of the driver?

@Jean-Louis: where is your Talon6 observatory based?
If you need assistance in configuring the driver don't hesitate to ask.

ferrante
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 3 months ago #47138

Ferrante,

Thank you so much for your support ! I actually have two Talon6 operated observatories :

One at eEye in Spain, W10 operated. This one is shared with two friends and dedicated to photography / photometry
The second one at my home in France close to Lyon for spectroscopy. I definitely wish to get rid of Windows there....

Clear skies and thanks again

Jean-Louis Tressol
4 years 3 months ago #47141

Yes, it was added to nightly repo but I apparently forgot to add it to the stable repo as well. Also, indi-full package did not depend on it so it was not install with the rest of the drivers. Both of these issues are now corrected.
4 years 3 months ago #47142

Thank you too Jasem of course !
4 years 3 months ago #47143

Time to create page: 2.033 seconds