INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI294Pro Binning issue 3x3 and 4x4

• Thank you received: 3
Please have a look at the captures in 3x3 and 4x4 binning I have been getting consistently on the nightly builds since 20-2-2019.
The captures show skewed bands. They have been taken with the cap on.

This issue has resulted in the fact that I can only image at 1x1 binning. Changing to other binning settings wil eventually crash the indi_asi_ccd driver. I then reconnect the camera and it start working again.

I am also adding a screenshot where you can see the capture preview area in the summary tab is not showing images any more.
5 years 1 month ago #35674
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
Now that is weird and different from what I have been experiencing.

I would suggest first recording ALL your settings in all modules (make screenshots!), then purging the nightly build and going back to the last stable version.

If that is working, then reinstall the nightly build.

I may have to do the same thing to narrow down the problem I am having with image capture by the alignment module from within the scheduler, but that problem definitely does not look like yours.

Good luck!

Jo
5 years 1 month ago #35680

• Thank you received: 161
I can confirm the issue in 3x3 and 4x4 binning for the ASI 294MC as well as the ASI 294MC Pro.
Build: 2019-02-28T12:51:06Z
5 years 1 month ago #35705
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182
Interesting. That's not what I am seeing with the ASI1600MM Pro, there I only saw a distorted star field when I used 4x4 binning, but 3x3 is just fine.
This problem may be specific for the ASI294 then.

I will purge the nightly build and install the new stable release, let's see whether that fixes my issues at least.

Jo
5 years 1 month ago #35707

Many issues are now fixed in GIT. I will make a stable release for INDI ASI as well since the bugs affect many users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
5 years 1 month ago #35708

• Thank you received: 161
I pulled from GIT and now do no longer see any bands. What I do see now, are two yellow lines on the right and lower edge of the frame (4x4 and 3x3bin). In 2x2bin these lines are red. In 1x1bin I don't see anything other than the usual noise.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Alfred.
5 years 1 month ago #35711
Attachments:

Right, I've seen this. I've tried several methods, but they're always there. What changed in the driver is that it now strictly obeys that width % 8 must be zero. if it is not zero, then it subtracts an offset to make this happen.
5 years 1 month ago #35714

• Thank you received: 3
I'm not sure if it is fixed in the stable release but I can confirm that on the last nightly build I get correct 3x3 and 4x4 binned images. And I do not see the red and yellow lines in the right and bottom of the frames anymore. I did see them briefly, but that has probably also been fixed.

So to me all looks fine, thanks for the quick fixes Jasem.
5 years 1 month ago #35765

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds