INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Any news on QHY294C support?

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I was wondering if QHY294C support is in the works? I tried the new indi library 1.7.6 with kstars but it is still unable to detect the QHY camera.

I have tested the camera on Windows systems to ensure that it is not due to camera faults/hardware failure.

Regards,
sypeskder
5 years 3 weeks ago #35735

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should be supported in tonight nightly release. So check later tonight or tomorrow and update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron Goy
5 years 3 weeks ago #35764

Apologies for troubling you again,

I downloaded the nightly build and compiled it according to the instructions found, bypassing the SIP on macOS using /usr/local instead of /usr/bin, I compiled libqhy and indi-qhy as well and pointed kstars to them for testing.
ekos was still unable to detect the camera. I was wondering what steps I missed out or did wrongly.

I also tried to switch to the nightly build on the rpi3 running stellarmate os and updated the drivers on it to test on it as well. the QHY294C was similarly not detected. I have not however built kstars from the source for the rpi3.
When I compiled the sources I did notice that the QHY294 was defined in the various source files to ensure I checkout the right ones.

Clear skies and have a great day.
Please advise.

Regards,
Sypeskder
5 years 3 weeks ago #35885

On StellarMate, what's the output of lsusb? Also, edit your profile and turn off "Auto Connect", then connect to the QHY Driver and turn on "Driver Debug" under Options, then go back to Main Control Panel and press "Connect". Maybe we get a useful output to send over to QHY.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35886

The output from lsusb displays the device ID "1618:c294" with no further identifier information.
I am not able to get ekos to display a tab for qhy camera in the indi control panel to turn on driver debug. Is there an alternative way to enable the driver debug?
Ekos simply reports unable to establish +QHY CCD

Regards,
Sypeskder
5 years 3 weeks ago #35893

I informed QHY and they said they will look into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaron Goy
5 years 3 weeks ago #35896

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Odiug on topic Any news on QHY294C support?

So is anybody using a QHY294C under INDI so far?

I am interested in a 294c based camera due to size, pixel size, full well capacity and low read noise. There is ZWO, QHYCCD and Altair Astro. The ZWO seems to work, but according to Cloudynights it originally had some color artifact issues. But it seems the issue is partly related to taking short exposure flat frames where the sensor behaves differently. However the QHY version claims to have a better built quality (more even cooling concept). I don't know about the Altair. I have the general impression that the driver support from ZWO is better than QHYCCD and Altair Astro, but I am open to suggestions.

CS
Guido
4 years 8 months ago #40914

QHY said it is supported for capture, but not live video mode under RPi3.
4 years 8 months ago #41124

I just pushed QHYSDK 6.0.3 which which indicates problem with QHY294C is resolved. It should be in the next nightly.
4 years 5 months ago #44712

• Thank you received: 19
I recently acquired a QHY294C and with both the most recent bleeding edge build (2020-01-31T22:44:11Z) and the current nightly build (2020-02-08T18:05:24Z) I'm getting the "No QHY cameras detected. Power on?" pop-up error with an "Unable to establish: +QHY CCD" message in the Ekos message pane.

I've tried it connected to both a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port on the computer.

lsusb shows:
Bus 001 Device 091: ID 1618:c294 Cypress WestBridge

dmesg (plugged into USB 2.0 port, but no difference other than usb# with 3.0 port):
[1059891.355798] usb 1-5: new high-speed USB device number 91 using xhci_hcd
[1059891.504400] usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=1618, idProduct=c294, bcdDevice= 1.00
[1059891.504406] usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[1059891.504410] usb 1-5: Product: WestBridge
[1059891.504413] usb 1-5: Manufacturer: Cypress
[1059891.504416] usb 1-5: SerialNumber: 0000000004BE
4 years 1 month ago #49231

• Thank you received: 19
So this is weird...

The above was on my desktop machine, which I figured I'd use initially to test out the camera, but I actually use a RPi3 Astroberry at the mount.

So after trying all sorts to get the camera working on my desktop machine, I gave up and said to myself "well, what it actually needs to work on is the Astroberry, not the desktop, so let's test that"... and it works just fine, as far as I can tell, pending a clear night.

But I note that Astroberry 2.0.0 runs KStars 3.3.8 Build 2019-11-23T17:12:05Z, not the more recent builds I was using on my desktop for initial testing.

So I think I'll refrain from updating the Astroberry
4 years 1 month ago #49454

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Any news on QHY294C support?

I saw another comment elsewhere that they only had success with theirs after purging indi/kstars and reinstalling. Maybe worth a shot on the desktop?
4 years 1 month ago #49455

Time to create page: 0.837 seconds