INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Joystick configuration

• Thank you received: 5
Hi,

I have this weekend succesfully installed my new gamepad Cor use with KStars, RPi and NEQ6-Pro. It all worked smoothly. I even changed the N/S/E/W skewing from joystick 1 to 3. I only wonder how I can add functions to my joystick controls? Today I have only access to 3, slew, slew pre-set and abort. Where can I add for instance Park, or Track, and how to manage the type of tracking?

This Indi system is really fantastic and what I appreciate most is that it is fully linux!!!

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
9 years 4 months ago #2153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Joystick configuration

Stefan, I guess I can work on adding generic mapping support for joystick drivers as it is hardcoded.

Edit: this would take a long time to implement, I can temporarly manually add a few more options, for parking for example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan Nonneman
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 4 months ago #2154

KNRO,

I just saw that on the INDILIB tutorial section there is a tutorial and under point 8 at the very end a screenshot is presented about the screen I am referring to.

In this picture one can see more fields to which gamepad controls are connected in the tab. So the solution must exist already somewhere. Is this may be related to the telescope driver used? In this case it is LX200 while I am using EQMOD.

Regards,

Stefan
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Stefan Nonneman. Reason: More thinking
9 years 4 months ago #2156

Yes, but it is done for that specific driver, there is no generic joystick-->INDI function mapping available now. It could take a while before such a solution is implemented.
9 years 4 months ago #2165

Knro,

Thanks for the info. Could you give me a hint where this functions are specified in the code? I have no experience with the code structure but with a hint I could may be develope a modification myself and share it. I am not an experienced professional C++ programmer but I can find my way with some help.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Stefan
9 years 4 months ago #2170

It's actually not this simple. you'd have to develop a way to map joystick actions to arbitrary INDI properties. You'd have to communicate that between the hardware driver and the joystick driver... this is why I said it could take a while to develop a generic solution.
9 years 4 months ago #2172

Time to create page: 1.854 seconds