INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Scheduler and calibration

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I would like the scheduler to re-calibrate guding when it starts. I use PHD2. So I check the checkbox "Always reset guide calibration" in Ekos settings, under Scheduler tab. However, when starting the scheduler, it does not calibrate.

What am I missing?

Edit: added logfile.

Magnus
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Magnus Larsson.
5 years 1 week ago #36768
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Scheduler and calibration

I don't think you are missing anything. It seems the option only pertains to the internal guider. In PHD2, there is an option to forget the calibration at the next guiding request, but its behavior is a bit different. Further improvements are needed in the PHD2 interface in Ekos, this item is one of them. Another is the requirement to have PHD2 running before Ekos is started for the server to be accessible.

-Eric
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Eric.
5 years 1 week ago #36820

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Hrm. I have a clear recollection of seeing PHD2 recalibrate some time, when the scheduler started... but cannot make it happen now.

But: it is not necessary to start PHD2 first. I often start it after Kstars is started. Just need to click connect in the Guide module, and it is up and running.

Magnus
5 years 6 days ago #36830

• Thank you received: 182
I am exclusively using the internal guider. Works like a charm and recalibrates just fine.

Why not use that? I have not used PhD2 in over a year, except when I am trying to guide with my little iOptronSmartEQPro+ mount, for which there seems to be a problem with the Indi driver. The internal guider does not work with that, but PhD2 does, if run from outside Ekos.
5 years 6 days ago #36833

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds