INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

IndiLib/Kstars/Ekos and MacOS help

• Thank you received: 0
Can some one please help with the following :
1. How can I remove all traces of Indi/Kstars from a MacOS system to reload Kstars. For some unknown reason on one of my machines Indi Server comes up with a crashed message when connecting to my Synscan(Skywatcher Mount). The location information that shows up on Indi control is not correct for the mount location. As a result I am not able to do anything with mount control from Ekos.
2. On the machine that Indi Server does connect properly the mount control works from Ekos. However the GOTO function is not correct the mount does not go to the target.
3. Logging functions - Kstars and IndiLog. This seems very inconsistent in that I cannot seem to get them to log when I want them to or MacOS may be putting them into a location that is different to whats shown. If they do log it seems to only be there when the program is running.
I have attached some screen shots from the system with the crack issue that may help.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
5 years 2 weeks ago #37370
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
To my best of knowledge, all KStars/INDI related data on Mac reside in three directories:

1) The directory in which KStars was installed. On my Macbook this is /Applications/kstars.app
2) The local directory in which KStars stores its data. On my MacBook this is ~/Library/Application\ Support/kstars
3) The local directory in which INDI stores its data. On my MackBook this is ~/.indi

For your first problem I'd suggest to rename the ~/.indi directory into e.g. ~/.indi_old (better than removing it since you may want to have a reference to your old settings) and see if that helps. You will need to create all profiles and profile settings anew.

For your third problem, the logs on my MacBook are in ~/Library/Application\ Support/kstars/logs

HTH, Wouter
5 years 2 weeks ago #37373

• Thank you received: 812
Please see the latest version of my document "QuickStart READ FIRST" that I distribute with the MacOS DMG. It explains where every file is located and what you would need to do to completely delete or reinstall kstars fresh.

If you no longer have this file, it is located here as well: github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft...t%20READ%20FIRST.pdf

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ez W
5 years 2 weeks ago #37402

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds