INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KSTARS does not seem to find INDI Conrtol Panel

• Thank you received: 4
All,

New to the site... first question really. Just got done installing Pegasus Ultimate Power Box in both Windows 10 and Mac OSX 10.12. Everything fine in the Windows install and seemingly fine on the except I cannot get to the INDI Control Panel under KStars. I've got the latest INDI installed, and the INDIGO control sees everything on the UPB. When I launch KStars, and try to click INDI Control Panel nothing happens.. it is not clickable. Under Preferences for INDI Server it has the following:

INDI Server (Checked) - *Internal INDI Server*
INDI Drivers XML Directory - *Internal INDI Drivers*

I set up EKOS and the INDI Control Panel there does not work either. Again, the INDIGO Server process is seeing things fine. Thanks in advance.

Jay S.
4 years 10 months ago #39128

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After you start Ekos in KStars, what do you get? I presume your equipment profile already includes all your equipment?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Sottolano
4 years 10 months ago #39140

• Thank you received: 140
You mention both INdI and indigo, which one are you trying to use....?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay Sottolano
4 years 10 months ago #39143

Thanks. After starting EKOS and hitting Start, I then get the option to turn the INDI Control Panel on and off in KStars. I presumed (maybe wrongly) that the Control Panel switch wouldn't need me to start EKOS since it looks like KStars also has a hardware config section.
4 years 10 months ago #39163

Either/Both? I didn't think they were mutually exclusive.. are they? Thanks for replying..
4 years 10 months ago #39164

You always have to hit the ekos start button, and then the INdI start...
INdI and indigo are a bit different in that indigo requires you to start the server manually, from the console, whereas INdI will start automatically with ekos... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 10 months ago #39167

• Thank you received: 2
I have tried to use the KStars/EKOS internal INDI server with my Ioptron CEM40 but it fails to connect. However, I CAN connect easily with the mount using the INDIGO server. However, I cannot figure out how to use the INDIGO server with EKOS. I tried choosing 'External' rather than 'Internal' and first starting the INDIGO server and starting the connection to the mount within INDIGO which works fine (including my ZWO guide camera) but when I then go into EKOS (while INDIGO is still running) and try to start within KStars (having chosen the 'external' rather than 'internal' INDI), KStars crashes. Help is GREATLY appreciated!! 
3 years 1 week ago #68839

CEM40 works fine with INDI. Make sure you have the latest firmware (2020) and select baud rate 115200.
3 years 1 week ago #68867

3 years 1 week ago #68870

Time to create page: 1.039 seconds