INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Will the INDI library be separated from kstars?

• Thank you received: 0
I read some comments, that mention the possibility of the INDI library being separated from kstars.
I hope that happens, so it makes using the library with other apps much easier.
Of course the library should still be included with kstars as well.

Fivel
4 years 11 months ago #39224

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is the case already since 2003 :-)
4 years 11 months ago #39230

Hello Jasem.
I guess I should have added that I am talking about kstars on a Mac.
As you know, we Mac users cannot install the INDI library as a stand alone for use with other apps.
One such app is CCDCiel. To use it, I need to first open kstars only for the INDI library.
If my thinking is wrong, please let me know.
Thank you.
Fivel
4 years 10 months ago #39246

Well, INDI is available, but you probably want it packaged separately as its own application. This can be done, but someone who is interested in the Mac community needs to adopt this task and get INDI Library packaged.

You can also clone INDI from Github and build it on Mac and start all the drivers from the console.
4 years 10 months ago #39250

Jasem,
I am not a programmer, so I will wait to see if the package is produced.
In the mean time, I need to see how to build the clone from github.

Fivel
4 years 10 months ago #39259

• Thank you received: 104
If you are adventurous you can try a new version of my IndiStarter that now include the INDI server.

Read more here:
www.indilib.org/forum/development/4881-i....html?start=12#39317
and post any issue in this other thread or to my bug tracker: www.ap-i.net/mantis/set_project.php?project_id=5
4 years 10 months ago #39318

• Thank you received: 66
You can get INDI servers packages for MacOS from cloudmakers. Free I think. Some of their other stuff is for purchase.
www.cloudmakers.eu/indigoserver/

EDIT: I dont know why they make no reference to INDI but I assure you I have an "INDI Server" app I downloaded from them maybe a year ago. I checked again and they say they have retired INDI support but I believe their INDIGO packages are probably based on INDI. I've emailed them for an explanation.

EDIT@: Found this: "INDIGO Server is a server part of INDIGO framework wrapped into macOS GUI. It is INDIGO based replacement for INDI Server for OSX" www.cloudmakers.eu/doc/indigoserver_3.11/#whats_new
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Greg.
4 years 10 months ago #39331

Hello PENTAXIAN23, thank you for your reply.
I do have both (older) Indiserver and Indigoserver (Mac). I have connection issues with the Cloudmakers servers (especially the Indigoserver). Other apps do not work well with it.
Also, thanks to Patrick's recent addition, I have the latest Indistarter/server for Mac.
I have some issues with all of them where I can set up the drivers, but other apps, such as CCDCiel do not connect them all. The latest Indistarter/Indiseerver will not show a connection for my ZWO cameras.
It connects to the mount and focuser with no issues.
I have no issue with kstars connecting all the equipment though.
I will let Patrick (he may see this post anyway) know of the issue with the Indi Server camera driver.
Without all the drivers connecting I cannot use CCDCiel.
I guess I need to contact ZWO support as well. Maybe they can tell me how to install the latedst ZWO camera drivers, as they are not necessary on Macs.
Fivel
4 years 10 months ago #39334

Hello Patrick.
Thank you for your work with CCDCiel and the new Indistarter/server for OSX.
I installed the latest Indistarter version and loaded the equipment drivers, but the server will not connect to my ZWO camera(s). I do not have any problems with kstars connecting to all the equipment though.
There may be an issue with the ZWO driver for the Indistarter package.
I will contact ZWO support to see if they can help with this issue.
Fivel
4 years 10 months ago #39335

• Thank you received: 104
Hi Fivel,

Can you please continue the discussion in the other thread because it is not good to follow an issue at two different place:
www.indilib.org/forum/development/4881-i...ution-for-macos.html

But there is no need to contact ZWO for that, as I say this driver build is experimental and I not have the require hardware for testing.
Can you configure Indistarter to produce a trace: in the Setup menu specify a log file and in Server options add -vv , then run only the ZWO driver, try to connect the camera and post the log file in the other thread.
4 years 10 months ago #39344

Time to create page: 0.847 seconds