INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro Ekos users?

• Thank you received: 20
Hey all,
I'm gathering the parts to build one of Robert Brown's Arduino-based motorized focusers . It's supposed to work with the Moonlite driver under Linux (at least the Version 1 iteration).
Anybody have any experience with this? I'm sure I will have questions. Has anyone gotten Version 2 to work with Ekos and INDI on a Mac or Linux platform?
Thx!
4 years 10 months ago #39471

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
Hello fewayne,
I have 3 working DIY focusers running successfully and more are in our local club. Only version 1 is suitable for Linux at the moment. You must select a moonlite in the INDILib. All my three newton scopes make autofocus with Robert Browns focuser and CCDCiel as software.
Thomas
4 years 10 months ago #39472

• Thank you received: 27

Replied by PDB on topic myFocuserPro Ekos users?

Hi,

i had one version2 running (not 100% complete) for my own use. Currently no time to develop that further and give full support to a userbase. Robert Brown now has my sources and his intention was to develop this further. Don't know what the current status is.

He is on this forum, so probably will get this message.

Regards,

Paul
4 years 10 months ago #39488

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Spartacus on topic myFocuserPro Ekos users?

I have made two of these and have the version 1 under Linux and version 2 working on Windows and SGP. As far as I am concerned version 1 works perfectly with EKOS and the only advantage in version 2 would be using temp compensation which to be honest is more trouble than its worth. It is ultra reliable and robust.
Mike
4 years 10 months ago #39493

• Thank you received: 7
I would appreciate to have an dedicated INDI Driver for this great project. No matter if for version1 or 2.
For instance, I had to set "coil power" with my windows PC because there is no such option with the moonlite focuser.
Thomas
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Thomas Jäger.
4 years 10 months ago #39518

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Michael on topic myFocuserPro Ekos users?

I have 2 running, one on my Tal200, another one on a TS photoline. both require different settings, which I "programmed" on an old XP laptop. They run well under EKOS, originally on a MAC, and now on a RaspberryPi3. the first implementation involved a belt driven system, and the v curves were "funky" due to some slack in that system. I now have the stepper driving the focuser directly and that works great. 7-20 iterations and I have very reliable results...
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Michael.
4 years 10 months ago #39646

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Rob on topic myFocuserPro Ekos users?

Satisfied user here. Robert is very responsive and his software is full featured and well documented. Works fine on Stellarmate/Indi. My only criticism is the cost of getting the official PCBs. I have them on my RC8 and WO Zenithstar 126 using a shared homebrew controller. If you use version 2.03 hardware you can load either MFP or MFP2
4 years 10 months ago #39768

Time to create page: 0.656 seconds