INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY CFW2-S on Mac issue

• Thank you received: 0
Hi again, I have the QHY CFW2-S and I can`t control it with Ekos 2.3.2 under Mac.
I asked QHY and they operate remotely my equipment, but they could not help me either. They said:

<em>"Well,I tested it in my side again,it can control CFW move,but it also will hung at CFW moving,this is because of INDI,I need report this issue to Jasem which the author of INDI to get solution. Best Regards, QinXiaoXu"</em>

I attached the log... Helpme please! :(
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Rodrigo González Valderrama.
4 years 10 months ago #39615
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QHY CFW2 uses serial port to connect.. which serial port did you connect to? This could be your issue since you're getting communication error.
4 years 10 months ago #39638

Hi Jasem
The QHY CFW 2-S have two options con connect: Serial to QHY9 and USB to computer. I did try the two options, changing the two jumpers as the picture shown, but does not work... The CFW turns on, make a complete rotation, but then I cant change the filters. I really want to use Ekos...

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rodrigo González Valderrama.
4 years 9 months ago #39765
Attachments:

I just install Parallels and Sequence Generator Pro, and my equipment works, so I have the right connections...
4 years 9 months ago #39770

QHY confirmed an issue in their SDK about this issue. So the filter wheel can be changed from the software, but it doesn't respond back saying where it is. Regarding the CFW to USB connection directly (by passing the camera), you need to find out which port it is getting connected to. See which ports are available and try to see which one is for your device.
4 years 9 months ago #39773

Im sorry, I dont know if Im understanding (because of my english); you mean this?

If you mean this, I did try with every one...
I dont know if make some difference, but I have the USB filter wheel (as the QHY9, autofocus and autoguider) connected to an Hub USB, and from the Hub to a single USB port on Mac.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rodrigo González Valderrama.
4 years 9 months ago #39777
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.102 seconds