INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Image of the Month

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all, i have a suggestion.

I understand this is an Indi/kstars/ekos development site, but why not spice it up a little.

I have been involved with this excellent project for a while now. And the whole program has come a long way and i think it is the premier astronomy hardware control package around.

But what is missing is what the package has set out to do, produce images. I know some people post some images, and i understand this forum is just for development, but i reckon a little competition will make it better. How about a say monthly (or quarterly or what ever) competition where members can submit one of their images, and Indi members can vote for their favorite image.

What's a competition without rules hey, so here are some to start the process with:

1. All images (obviously) must be taken using Indilib. This would be the only prerequisite.
2. All images must be submitted by a certain time , to make it fair for all. Something like the last Sunday of the month at a specified UTM so everyone around the world can submit their image by that time to make things fair.
3. All the images submitted are maximum size so not to overload the site, so say 1 or 2 meg max. If this happens the developers can decide on the size.

Then people can vote for their favorite image and the winning image can be announced 2 or 3 weeks later. and the winner can have their name and image in flashing lights on the indi website. And who knows, others around the world will see how good this thing is and use it as well.

No prizes or anything, just for fun. Because that's why we do this hobby. We will be able to see the sorts of images being produced by people around the world using this great piece of software.

Anyways, this is just a suggestion which i think will be fun.

regards all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 9 months ago #39672

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Image of the Month

I do like the idea, I've moved the topic here and sticky it...
Mayne have themes each month?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Milevski
4 years 9 months ago #39741

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: OlegChristian
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds