INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate 1.4.0: Stable enough? (Repeated crashes last night so might upgrade)

• Thank you received: 20
Hey all,

I've seen the thread on issues with StellarMate OS 1.4.0 and 1.4.1, some of which sounded like showstoppers. Has the release gotten to a "happy place"?
I'm asking because Ekos on my Pi kept crashing over and over last night, losing most of a night's imaging time. No error messages or anything interesting in the logs, just the application doing a wingover into the dirt in mid-sequence. Was thinking I'd wipe and reinstall StellarMate OS, but was wondering whether to just reinstall the original or go for the new version.

Alternatively, I might just update KStars/Ekos, hoping to get back to the kind of reliability I got out of this thing when I first started using it. Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

rw
4 years 9 months ago #39829

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you run KStars via gdb to see if you can get any backtrace? were you exposures shorter than 1 second? Try to go Settings --> Configure Notifications --> FITS Received and disable the "Play Sound". I found that it helped another user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Wayne
4 years 9 months ago #39853

• Thank you received: 20
I'll give that a whack if I see the problem again. When I set everything up on the bench to test it the day after, I got the Software Updater prompt and figured "Oh, what the heck". So new versions of KStars and a bunch of other stuff have been installed. I know that sucks for debugging but if it made the system reliable, I'd be satisfied.

Tried to break it after that. Nothing doing. Worked like a charm. Like a champ. Heck, even my Mac (which I hadn't touched) was suddenly able to run and connect to the internal INDI server again! So I think I'll try some longer-term tests, running kstars under gdb, and see if anything breaks.

The exposures were all 180 or 120 seconds. I've run flats at less than a second (which worked fine out in the field, actually). I'll try turning that notification off, obviously it's not going to help me much on the Pi anyway!

Thanks Jasem!
4 years 9 months ago #39868

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds