INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

automatic meridian flip revisited

• Thank you received: 10
I tossed this question up a few weeks ago, and Jasem's suggestion to increase SETTLE to 3000 or 4000 seemed to work for a while. Was less active recently, played with my new refractor, so I just didnt need the flip until yesterday

The automated flip started as expected, at the right time, and guiding and exposures were stopped. a few seconds after initiation - I guess after 5000ms (my Settle value) and the mount was still slewing, EKOS started the next plate solve. It also did not try to solve for my original Target M51, but for some other galaxy half way to the celestial pole from there... had to intervene to save the sequence...

my question: what triggers the plate solve after a flip? is there a signal sent from the mount (CEM60)? OR does EKOS analyze mount position data and triggers the plate solve when the slew is complete? OR or is this just a delay/ timer function?

ANy insight is appreciated, Thanks
Michael
4 years 9 months ago #39841

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ekos checks if the mount finished the GOTO and then issues a capture & solve command. Do the logs show a premature signal from the mount to Ekos? This could be the root cause.
4 years 9 months ago #39848

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds