INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Anyone with lx200GPS willing to test new indi_lx200gps driver?

• Thank you received: 52
I have a new version of the lx200 (Meade) driver available and do not have access to an lx200GPS scope

I have tested myself with my 497 based autostar and true circa 2002 lx200 classic.

The driver changes are primarily adding a mutex lock on anything that touches 'tty' and also extending the size of the read buffer in isSLewComplete to handle from 1 to 33 char length responses (33 chars from lx200 classic, a few chars from autostar and lx200gps).

The issue I believe resolved was when indi was used with the scope at the other end of a tcp link (not indi, just scope). The SLewComplete was only reading up to8 chars with a flush after read, but at same time the IsSlewCOmplete was executing there was also a :GR# executing so slew never finished and "GR# failed every time because of the flush after read in IsSlewComplete, forever cycle of Error Reading RA/DEC after a slew attempt.

Any takers?

I can supply source or binaries for Ubuntu or Raspberry pi

Thank you for your time,

Gene
4 years 10 months ago #40329

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

well, it's in master and stable now so IF there are issues, we'd hear back. But I tested it locally without any issues so far.
4 years 10 months ago #40413

• Thank you received: 52
4 years 10 months ago #40424

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds