INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Raspberry pi 4 anounced

• Thank you received: 92

Replied by han on topic New Raspberry pi 4 anounced

In Raspian, there is on the top right (near the time indication) an clickable blue icon. Click on it , select your Wifi access point and enter the password.
4 years 8 months ago #41321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 40

I hope there is another way, but the way I've been doing it (RP 3b), it to initially hook up a monitor and wireless mouse/keyboard. Then go setup the wifi requirements, make sure I'm attached to my network. Then disconnect everything and off it goes to my scope.
4 years 8 months ago #41322

• Thank you received: 140

It does not work like that when a hotspot had been set up and activated, please read the rest of the thread... :)
4 years 8 months ago #41327

Because with this raspbian set up that you have downloaded there is a hotspot set up, then setting it to use your own WiFi is more difficult than normal, you can have both but it requires some coding, really you Have to have either one or the other, so best to stop the hotspot and then set up your own WiFi, once you have done this then it does not need doing each time, it will auto connect to your home WiFi, when powered up, if it doesnt then set it up in the WiFi settings to auto connect when the network is available..
4 years 8 months ago #41328

• Thank you received: 9
The top right icon just tells me there's no wifi modules available. I've tried to change the wpa_supplicant file. It will at least recognize my network but it won't connect to it even if I tell it to connect. It's like the hotspot broadcast has it disable and is the priority. I don't know enough about raspbian to know how to change this. Regardless, I tested it with iEQ45 Pro, ASI183MM-Pro, ZWO EFW, ASI120MM-S and everything worked great. Imaged all night and worked just like on the StellarMate Pi but obviously quicker since it was a Pi4 with USB 3.0
4 years 8 months ago #41329

• Thank you received: 6
Downloaded and running, Pentax K-70 camera, HEQ5 mount, ZWO ASI120mini - fantastic! :-)
4 years 8 months ago #41335

h

It wont work without some clever coding as a hotspot had been set up, it’s not an easy thing to change, that is what I was trying g to say, please read previous posts...
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 8 months ago #41338

Hello,
I have found a way to have this connected to the internet on a WiFi network and use the configured access point at the same time, but you need a separate USB WiFi dongle, of which they are very small these days...
If you want the instructions then here they are.

1. Insert the WiFi dongle and make sure it’s showing up in the networks icon, should show as wlan1, but you will find as I did, that you can see the networks but will not connect..so
2. Open up your terminal and open this file
sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and add these lines replacing “your network SSID” and “your network password” with your own for the WiFi you want to connect to

network={
ssid="yourNetworkSSID"
psk="yourNetworkPassword"
}

Then click “Ctrl and X to save, press Y when asked and then enter.
Then when back at terminal sudo reboot, and when it reboots it should connect to the WiFi with your dongle and still have the hotspot on the internal WiFi also...
Let me know how you get on if you do try...
4 years 8 months ago #41534

• Thank you received: 812
I just received my Raspberry Pi4 yesterday and I've been inspired to duplicate and modify my AstroPi3 setup script to work for Raspbian so I don't have to wait for Wimpress to finish ubuntu mate. I worked some yesterday and some today. It should not be too much longer before I'm done assuming I don't have any serious issues. Maybe a day or two.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pep, AstroNerd
4 years 8 months ago #41571

Hi Rob,
I have a full working set up on the rpi4 but it was a long winded job to get to this stage, had issues with creating the hotspot and also with phd2, but all good now, bit will look forward to seeing and maybe trying your script..
What is included in this script...
William :)
4 years 8 months ago #41573

• Thank you received: 812
You can take a look at it here: github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3

My new script for Raspbian is going to be: setupAstroRasbianPi.sh

I'm still working on adapting it. But so far it has: PHD2, INDI, KStars, INDIWebManagerApp, INDI Web Manager, GSC, Conky, samba (file sharing), Real VNC, astrometry, xplanet, and ZRam. It configures a number of settings to be better set up for astrophotography.

It is NOT done yet, but it does work. The biggest thing I still need to work on is Networking. In my ubuntu version of the script, I have it set up for DHCP with ethernet and standard wireless, a direct ethernet connection as a backup with a fixed IP, and if desired, you can click an icon to start an ad-hoc network in the field. But, what I did for ubuntu did NOT work for Raspbian. I need to change all that.

Here is what it looks like now:

4 years 8 months ago #41574
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
Thank you for this. My Flirc case comes soon and my (RMA) Pegasus UPBv2 comes in a day or so and I'm hoping my first all Indi setup will be ready by mid August with the PPBv2 drivers hopefully being in the next update.
4 years 8 months ago #41575

Time to create page: 2.742 seconds