INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Possible Bug? Force Bulb Not Working Consistently

• Thank you received: 31
I'm shooting with a Canon T3i. Camera is set to "M". In the INDI Control Panel, I have Force BULB set to ON. My configuration is saved and comes up the same every time I run Ekos. However, I'm finding that the Force Bulb is not being consistently applied. When it doesn't work, the camera shoots frames at an estimated .1 second exposure. I have to exit Kstars, re-launch and try it again. Then, sometimes that relaunch fixes it (with ZERO changes done be me), other times the camera still shoots at .1 second exposure. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated in permanently fixing this glitch (bug?). Rebooting the software until it works correctly is not a solution in my book. ;)
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
4 years 8 months ago #40664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
I think I solved my problem and may have discovered a bug in the process: I had been using a one second mirror lock to prevent vibration with my Canon T3i/600D DSLR. If I set the mirror lock to 0, then the camera seems to consistently shoot the correct long exposure to whatever time I have the exposure set to. I do not believe this is how the system should work however, and appears to be a bug. Mirror lock is used to prevent vibration, which is why I'd prefer to use it.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
4 years 8 months ago #40668

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds