INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQMod problems

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic EQMod problems

Which mount do you have exactly? I use EQMod with both my SkyWatcher HEQ5 and my SkyWatcher EQ6-R on Linux without any problems.

Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #41191

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Paul on topic EQMod problems

I use a bipolar motor kit and an EqDream control unit from Astroimpex developers to mount the EQ5. Astroimpex no longer exists, as well as support from them. This project is based on EqMod. I enclose a photo of this system. I think about replacing it if the problem is not solved.
4 years 8 months ago #41193

EqDream
4 years 8 months ago #41194
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic EQMod problems

In the first picture I see a serial to USB converter. Do you use that or do you connect the mount to your Linux machine via an EQDir cable (i.e. not using the hand controller)? The reason I ask is that Linux is more picky about the type of serial to USB converter used than is Windows so perhaps your troubles originate there.

Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #41197

Yes, I use this EQDir cable! How to be, then? How to connect in another way?
4 years 8 months ago #41199

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by Ray Wells on topic EQMod problems

Hi guys! Just popped in to post an idea and saw this. Been rockin that eq6r, if I could only get some decent sky :')

@Paul K: Checked the video and that does look weird. Stepper mounts are open loop and have no way to tell if the mount actually went to target, which is also why we plate solve. The software should drive right over there even with motors off(ie.unplugged) so it just about has to be some setting that's limiting slew/track.
The Indi Eqmod has some overlapping alignment toys that can be a bit confusing. You might try resetting the Sync and alignment pages so they aren't trying to include old data, I've had the mount balk completely while plate solving with old align data. I also use the in mount align algorithm on mine as the driver one is overcomplicated when I just want to get close for plate solve to work.
Also, meridian limits in software and mount can sometimes get confused and stop the mount. Also-also, you might check your horizon limits.
Hope this helps
Cheers,
Ray
4 years 8 months ago #41259

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds