INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip

• Thank you received: 1
Latest Kstars - When mount fails to autofocuss in EKOS it hangs and seems to prevent a scheduled meridian flip from occurring. The result is scope keeps tracking until it hits the mount :( We need something that always prioritises the meridian flip over another module completing something first.
4 years 8 months ago #41158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Could you please post the logs?
4 years 8 months ago #41161

• Thank you received: 301
I concur, though that happened to me with the manual cover pop-up mechanism. We must find a way to keep the capture state idle until an exposure really starts, because meridian flip is not prioritary over that state. Or add operational timeouts at multiple levels. Or consider meridian flip like an observatory weather emergency : after all, not flipping is a safety concern.

That last idea seems best to me: the mount module should report the need for a flip, then past a second HA limit notify a forced flip, eventually aborting whatever procedure is running elsewhere. This does not fix the reported issue indeed, but takes care of the induced safety issue. Opinion?

-Eric
4 years 8 months ago #41162

I am in favour of the last option you mentioned. I would add a configurable timeout to the mount tab and an option to enforce a meridian flip after a certain delay. With this we leave it to the user whether a meridian flip might be executed even at the price of lost images.
4 years 8 months ago #41169

• Thank you received: 420
I also favour the last option except for one situation in the "eventually aborting whatever procedure is running elsewhere" case: currently taking an image should NOT be aborted and the meridian flip should be done as soon as the image is done :-)

Wouter
4 years 8 months ago #41171

Currently, re-focussing is part of imaging. That‘s why this case slipped through. But you will get the option enabling a forced meridian flip. In your case I would recommend not selecting it.
4 years 8 months ago #41178

James, please be so kind and post the logspost the logs . Currently, I cannot explain why this happens.
4 years 8 months ago #41205

• Thank you received: 1
Sorry i know we should supply logs but none were enabled, but needed to bring to your attention. I will enable logging as it will likely happen in the next few nights again. I should note that indi is on a raspberry pi4 using raspbian buster compiled from sources from only 4 days ago and ekos is on a remote computer using ubuntu ppa.
4 years 8 months ago #41207

OK, bug confirmed, I could reproduce it with simulators. Fix is on the way: phabricator.kde.org/D22583
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
4 years 8 months ago #41247

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds