INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars 3.3.3 beta version, please test

• Thank you received: 812
KStars 3.3.3 is going to be released soon. I was doing some work on fixing some things for the Mac build over the last couple of days and other folks have been working on some other things. So, I built a DMG for Macs this afternoon and I was wondering if some folks could test it out and let us know about any problems before the release.

Thanks,

Rob

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.3.3.dmg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Jean-Claude JESIOR
4 years 8 months ago #41361

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Anything specific we should test? I'm not sure what's new.
4 years 8 months ago #41363

Well I think you already have tested the new astrometry changes from the other thread, right ? If not that would be good. That’s the last big thing I did.

I think Jasem has been working on something with message boxes.

I think there were some issues with wcs that were recently corrected. I know I just fixed a wcs build issue today that was Mac only, but I don’t think it was a problem in the last version.

Also any issues that were reported recently in the forum, maybe on other operating systems. We don’t have regular nightly Mac builds so if something got fixed or changed recently it should probably be tested in the Mac version.
4 years 8 months ago #41365

• Thank you received: 0
Just installed and tried. Got a crash.
2019-07-26T23:17:48 Solver failed. Try again.
2019-07-26T23:17:48 Error starting solver: Process crashed
2019-07-26T23:17:48 dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libwcs.6.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/solve-field
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/../../../Frameworks/libwcs.6.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong filetype
4 years 8 months ago #41371

Hmm Libwcs was what was giving me trouble earlier this week. I thought I fixed it. I will check it to make sure
4 years 8 months ago #41377

Yes, you were quite right. The file that was in the frameworks folder for libwcs6.3 was not correct. Apparently after I fixed the libwcs build problem yesterday, I forgot to tell it to rebuild the astrometry.net binaries that were getting included in KStars. Thus, it was still pointing to the broken file instead of the newly fixed one I made yesterday afternoon. Thanks for finding that. I will build a new dmg now.
4 years 8 months ago #41379

Ok I just replaced the dmg with a new one with a fixed astrometry build that now points to the correct libwcs. Please check to see that it's fixed. And look for anything else.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.3.3.dmg
4 years 8 months ago #41380

• Thank you received: 139
I managed to get out for one night with the last version. It was crashing repeatedly during guide calibration. It would take about 5-10 frames then lock up. I reverted back to the last official release and things went back to normal. It’s possible this is driver related. Have a ZWO 120mini guide cam.
4 years 8 months ago #41477

Well if it is crashing for you, we should see why that is. Please test the version I posted and see if there is anything predictable about it. Logs could really help. If we are going to release a new version, it would be good to make sure everything is working pretty well.
4 years 8 months ago #41479

• Thank you received: 33
No crashing for me on macOS Mojave.
Rob, you've done a beautiful work on the Observatory Panel. Thank you.
I found a small bug : if I enter in the field "Absolute position the dome should move" the angle of the home sensor (say 73°), the dome turns 73° + 360° instead of turning only 73°.
It works as expected if I enter another value .
The astrometry seems to work OK. I will test it more carefully to-night.
4 years 8 months ago #41483

• Thank you received: 33
Another bug appears if I click on the shutter "Opening" button : the dome turns more than 360°, with no way to abort the motion.
My system has a manual shutter, not a motorised one. A checkbox should be included to take into account this possibility. In fact a motorised shutter is useful for remote observatories or for a fully automatic operation of a local observatory.
4 years 8 months ago #41484

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Jean-Claude,
maybe we should start a separate thread on the observatory. I started to develop this module originally with the intention to keep its functionality separated from the scheduler. Since I do not own an observatory, I have to test everything with simulators.

Which observatory driver do you use? Maybe I can find a hint directly in the source code - or we test it together...

- Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Claude JESIOR
4 years 8 months ago #41488

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds